Live onboard Norwegian Viva: Ask Us Your Questions

On 8/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Hi everyone!

Cruise Critic is sailing aboard Norwegian Viva's first sailing. We're on from Trieste to Civitavecchia (Rome) for a quick look at Norwegian's newest ship.

Feel free to ask us your questions, and check out our first coverage and photo tour live from the ship here: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/norwegian-viva-photo-tour-live-from-norwegian-viva-s-first-cruise

Thank you for your live review and all the pics. We sailed the Prima in May and the Viva looks like an almost exact copy of it. I think some had hopes they'd improve some of the negatives but they really are beautiful ships. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uneamie said:

Thank you for your live review and all the pics. We sailed the Prima in May and the Viva looks like an almost exact copy of it. I think some had hopes they'd improve some of the negatives but they really are beautiful ships. 

We hear there are changes coming for the third ship in this class; by the time Norwegian Prima debuted, structural changes weren't really possible for Norwegian Viva.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2023 at 1:37 PM, The Traveling Man said:

They usually hand out cards listing the names and phone numbers of most all the senior officers at the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet (aka Meet & Mingle).  Did they have a M&G on your cruise?

Not that I saw, though I wasn't on for the full nine night sailing.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:41 PM, StellaTN said:

Thank you so much for the excellent review and pics! We will be boarding in Trieste in 2 weeks.
1. Very interested to see any of the dailies if it isn’t too much trouble 🙂 

2. I hear our sailing is sold out - I’m also interested to see pics of the venues with people in them (like Indulge at peak lunch time or Local. All the pics I can find are of empty venues 🙂

thanks again for fielding all these questions! You are the best!

I'll see if I can get some dailies posted for you soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How is the thermal suite? We sailed the Prima and the ceiling tiles rattled when ever someone was on the treadmill in the fitness center located just above the thermal suite. It was so annoying. Have they fixed this?

10 hours ago, lkmas said:

Much appreciated if you can find out the location of the outdoor smoking area and post a picture. 

Didn't take a pic but it's a small covered area on the Deck 18 sundeck(forward). It has seats and was never particularly crowded. For us, it made us smoke way less as it was long trek from the 6/7/8 entertainment areas, but I reckon that's probably a good thing! 😁 Also, the elevators only go to Deck 17 so you do need to go up a flight of stairs outside. If you get the aft or midship elevators, you will also have to walk through the buffet .

As an aside, we loved the ship overall. Much preferred it to our last NCL experience (the Getaway in 2017). 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:11 AM, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Hydrotherapy Pool is now divided into three sections.

We'll see if the baffles help. On the Prima, because of the poor design of the pool (i.e., open sides), even in slightly rocky seas, they would have to close and drain the pool because the water would slosh out and flood the walkway. On all other big ships, the hydrotherapy pools have walls on 3 sides and a high lip on the 4th side. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 4:31 PM, CAKEisgood said:

How is the thermal suite? We sailed the Prima and the ceiling tiles rattled when ever someone was on the treadmill in the fitness center located just above the thermal suite. It was so annoying. Have they fixed this?

Sadly, no.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:46 PM, lkmas said:

Much appreciated if you can find out the location of the outdoor smoking area and post a picture. 

My understanding is this is now on Deck 18 and covered but I can't confirm. I did hear some passengers say it was an improvement over the one on Norwegian Prima.

Additionally, while it's not complete just yet (our full reviews are quite thorough and take a long time to write from start to finish!), the Overview Review for Norwegian Viva is now online:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/norwegian-ncl/norwegian-viva

While I'm off the ship, still happy to try to answer any questions you may have. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I expected to not like this class that much on a personal level, but found after a day or two I really appreciated its differences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 8/27/2023 at 11:48 PM, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Additionally, while it's not complete just yet (our full reviews are quite thorough and take a long time to write from start to finish!), the Overview Review for Norwegian Viva is now online:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruise/norwegian-ncl/norwegian-viva

Nice review  

Interesting to read Mini golf will run you $10 per person; darts $20.  These were no cost on the Prima, at least it was no cost on our cruise in January 2023

So glad you talked up Hudson's.  It is a beautiful dining room and we enjoyed many breakfast there (on the Prima, which it looks like it is the same on the Viva). 

Looking forward to cruising the Viva in 2025.  Thank you!