Medallions vs Apple Air Tags: sizing question

lahore

HI, it's been a while since we cruised Princess, and never on a Medallion ship before.  There is not the remotest chance we would ever been seen with a medallion hanging around our neck or anywhere on our person. I have a real aversion to being tagged.  I was thinking of buying a couple of Belkin clip on air tag holders or just using the silicone AirTag key fobs we already have.  The Belkin clips could clip to the waistband of pants or onto a bag handle.  Can anyone tell me if they will fit without falling out please?    

1 hour ago, lahore said:

@Thrak and everyone else.  Thank you so much, that one that Thrak posted is exactly the sort of thing I had in mind.

When I bought ours it was a "buy one get one free" deal. I just now looked and that deal is unfortunately gone. Here is the site I used but there are similar units on Amazon but I don't know about the color choices there.

https://strapsco.com/product/clip-for-apple-airtag/

Edit: THIS ONE on Amazon looks to be pretty much the same thing for less money.

Edited by Thrak

I’m on the Enchanted Princess in the Mediterranean right now. Bought some wrist tag holders on Amazon.

It happened already 2 times my wife and daughter had to remove the medaillon from the holder at post security because the outer ring with the name was not completely visible 

This is difficult to do, because of the tight fit, and takes some time holding up the line

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

No problems at all. I also refuse to wear it as an accessory and just keep it with that clip in my pocket. Easy. 

I keep mine in my pocket as well. It does make it much easier for me to grasp the Medallion for display or pressing to a reader. (My hands don't work as well as they used to.)

On 8/12/2023 at 9:37 AM, lahore said:

There is not the remotest chance we would ever been seen with a medallion hanging around our neck or anywhere on our person. I have a real aversion to being tagged. 

LOL.  Clearly not someone who has served in the military.

5 hours ago, Labanos said:

I’m on the Enchanted Princess in the Mediterranean right now. Bought some wrist tag holders on Amazon.

It happened already 2 times my wife and daughter had to remove the medaillon from the holder at post security because the outer ring with the name was not completely visible 

This is difficult to do, because of the tight fit, and takes some time holding up the line

We've cruised twice so far with the holders shown above. I would like to have the name and voyage show but, as it is, we haven't had any issues regarding having to remove the Medallion from the holder. We just show the Medallion and walk up the gangway where we go through security and it is scanned.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We've cruised twice so far with the holders shown above. I would like to have the name and voyage show but, as it is, we haven't had any issues regarding having to remove the Medallion from the holder. We just show the Medallion and walk up the gangway where we go through security and it is scanned.

We had no problem with the Princess staf either. It was the external security at the different port entrances.