Princess App Questions

dpelletier

I will be on the Majestic Princess Sept. 2nd for a seven day northbound cruise out of Vancouver. I’m trying to book specialty dining and the only restaurant that appears is Harmony. Does that mean the others have no available openings? 

Can you book Rudy’s now or just once we are onboard? I don’t see it available on any day. 

I have also used JourneyView to select activities to attend. Did this actually reserve spots for our group for this activity or is this just a calendar for our daily use of activities. I’m traveling with several 85+ year olds and moving quickly while onboard is not an option. Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. 

3 minutes ago, dpelletier said:

I will be on the Majestic Princess Sept. 2nd for a seven day northbound cruise out of Vancouver. I’m trying to book specialty dining and the only restaurant that appears is Harmony. Does that mean the others have no available openings? 

Can you book Rudy’s now or just once we are onboard? I don’t see it available on any day. 

I have also used JourneyView to select activities to attend. Did this actually reserve spots for our group for this activity or is this just a calendar for our daily use of activities. I’m traveling with several 85+ year olds and moving quickly while onboard is not an option. Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. 

The lack of specialty restaurant availability may mean they are fully booked.  Go as soon as you get onboard to check into the restaurant you wish to attend.  I know now with two specialty dinners  now being attached to the premier package, they have to leave some time slots open for those passengers.  

Also, JourneyView is used to bookmark your events you may be interested in.  It is not a reservation.  If there is something that looks fully booked, you can still go to see if there are empty spots.  

Good luck .. it’s a wonderful thing you are doing!  

You've waited pretty late to get MDR and/or specialty dining booked.  However, I believe (worth probably less than the proverbial 2 cents) that they hold back a few tables/times for bookings on the ship.  As soon as you board...call the dine line and see what is available.  You'll *probably* be able to book *something*.

Try the web version of the app. I’ve discovered while the app is showing next to nothing, the web version is showing quite a lot available!

Thank you to the person on my post about dining availability who showed me where to access web version

Sign in Princess website, go to ‘manage my booking’ Go to ‘try our web version’ link shown just above ‘get it on google play’

hopefully more spaces will show. Keeping fingers crossed for you 

IMG_1559.thumb.png.5c9c92b138cfb7a62ee74a95bf3afb5d.png

I have been on over 50 Princess cruises and have never known Speciality restaurants to be fully booked. Unless you want to eat early you should have no problem. We often just walk in at 7:30 or 8:00 no problem. We usually prefer Sabatini’s