Princess Perfect Proposal Experience?

dreaminofcruisin

5 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just found out DS is planning on popping the question to his girlfriend on a cruise next year.

He's trying to decide a 'good' way to do it.

Has anyone had any experience with this package?

Was it worth it?

They just announced this, so IDK how anyone could have experience.  Looks like it doesn't launch until November.  It is also a third-party service provider (not implying anything negative there). 

But I have a couple of observations.

Here is the package content description:

Package highlights:

• Secret proposal setup in a private indoor or outdoor location
  • Proposal rose and rose petal décor
  • Dedicated photographer and memorable prints
  • Celebration cake
  • Stateroom gifts and goodies
  • Pre-cruise and onboard coordinator

I figure it won't be much of a surprise when she sees all the decor.

My other note is that I suppose we all have our own ways, but it seems odd to plan popping the question a year out or so.  I thought these things were kind of spontaneous.

Anyway, I hope it works out.  I didn't see any pricing, so let us know if your son gets into this and you find out more about it.  Looks like you now use this third-party to arrange vow renewals as well.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

They just announced this, so IDK how anyone could have experience.  Looks like it doesn't launch until November.  It is also a third-party service provider (not implying anything negative there). 

But I have a couple of observations.

Here is the package content description:

Package highlights:

• Secret proposal setup in a private indoor or outdoor location
  • Proposal rose and rose petal décor
  • Dedicated photographer and memorable prints
  • Celebration cake
  • Stateroom gifts and goodies
  • Pre-cruise and onboard coordinator

I figure it won't be much of a surprise when she sees all the decor.

My other note is that I suppose we all have our own ways, but it seems odd to plan popping the question a year out or so.  I thought these things were kind of spontaneous.

Anyway, I hope it works out.  I didn't see any pricing, so let us know if your son gets into this and you find out more about it.  Looks like you now use this third-party to arrange vow renewals as well.

Yeah...not the way it happened for me and DH.....but these days it seems like a proposal has to be an 'event' .... I think it makes it a lot more difficult for the guy---or whichever one is doing the proposing... 

Finally found something that says the cost is $795.

It doesn't seem worth it to me.....but DS wants to make her happy....so.....?

I suppose the cost is associated with the people involved in the setup. One would hope the 'Stateroom gifts and goodies" wouldn't be there until after the proposal.

It's her first cruise, so I figured he can't go wrong no matter what he does....but what do I know?

🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just found out DS is planning on popping the question to his girlfriend on a cruise next year.

He's trying to decide a 'good' way to do it.

Has anyone had any experience with this package?

Was it worth it?

We had a guy pop the question on a glacier in Alaska.  Helicopter tour of glaciers.

When they got out onto the glacier, he went down on one knee.

Fabulous background and something to remember.

Where are they cruising to?

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Yeah...not the way it happened for me and DH.....but these days it seems like a proposal has to be an 'event' .... I think it makes it a lot more difficult for the guy---or whichever one is doing the proposing... 

I suppose the cost is associated with the people involved in the setup. One would hope the 'Stateroom gifts and goodies" wouldn't be there until after the proposal.

It's her first cruise, so I figured he can't go wrong no matter what he does....but what do I know?

🤷‍♀️

I’m sure it will be very nice and memorable.  
I think destination proposals are really romantic.  But, the cruiselines are taking care of everything for him, so that makes it easy too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I would 100% NOT let Princess be in charge of anything I want to be a perfect lifelong memory. 

In effect Princess is not in charge it seems.  It is a third-party outfit.  Hopefully better at their job than the outsourced call center.

9 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

🤷‍♀️

$800!!!   Wow.  I'd consider a honeymoon cruise and put $800 into a nice cabin.  

Anyway, your son knows what he wants to do and knows his GF the best, so he'll figure it out I am sure.  But I now wonder if the mere proposal costs $800, how much is the wedding ceremony?  

Just kidding - I know the wedding business is not for the faint of heart - or wallet.

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We had a guy pop the question on a glacier in Alaska.  Helicopter tour of glaciers.

When they got out onto the glacier, he went down on one knee.

Fabulous background and something to remember.

Where are they cruising to?

I would be too terrified that the ring would roll into a crevasse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And in true Cruise Critic fashion, people are happy to point out why your son should NOT do something, especially if it's an extra cost; keep in mind that the average age on here is definitely not that of your son (my apologies to those who have posted, but let's give the guy some support)...

If your son thinks that he'd like to do this, more power to him! We did a vow renewal on a ship (I planned it and surprised my husband with it). Best money spent, as we loved it, treasure the memories and the pictures.🥂

• Like 5

My DH and I were married on the Star Princess during an Alaskan sailing.  BEST way to do it!  This was 15 years ago - I worked directly with Princess and for less than $2,000 we had OUR perfect wedding.  I recently looked into a vow renewal and was disappointed that the old model of working with Princess was gone and it is now a 3rd party and far more expensive.  

I love your son’s idea from one Princess bride 🙂

• Like 2

My DH and I were married on the Grand in 2018. The arrangements were via a third party entity and occasionally frustrating but, once onboard, the team was simply amazing and made the day very special.

In 2021, my now brother in law proposed to DH’s sister on Nee Year’s Eve. Princess happily helped him with flowers, a location, the photographer, and all of the officers pretended to have a “staff meeting” to be nearby so they could congratulate them. They do everything they can to make a moment special.

Go for the package or reach out to guest services onboard of you want help but we have been on excursions with surprise engagements and have seen them happen with little to no coordination. He needs to do what is right for her, not anyone else.

Tell him to go for it… from another Princess bride. 🍾🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is just me, but I would propose somewhere that was special to both of them.  If both are very into cruising then, by all means a cruise ship is the best place.  Otherwise, I would pick somewhere else and somewhere where it doesn't cost $795 to ask a question.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:46 PM, SCX22 said:

This is just me, but I would propose somewhere that was special to both of them.  If both are very into cruising then, by all means a cruise ship is the best place.  Otherwise, I would pick somewhere else and somewhere where it doesn't cost $795 to ask a question.

It only costs $795 for some prepaid package. A smart man (or person—time are changing) will pop the question where and when it is appropriate, whether the hires out the details or takes on the strategic planning oneself.