Murano no longer serving lobster?

a1betpr

On 8/13/2023 at 7:32 PM, a1betpr said:

You can do that?  I do see a generic Murano menu on my app - and it does show the lobster! - but how do you look at specific cruises?

On the app, change the date to the current sailing.

In June I ordered the "warm water" lobster in Murano on the Equinox, I took one bite and it tasted awful and was so tough and stringy. I sent it back and ordered the Dover Sole which was delicious. Maybe it is being removed from the menu, finally. 

On 8/13/2023 at 8:32 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Except we've been cruising and enjoying Murano's since well before 2018. I just looked at the menu the shoreside concierge sent us and it is the same as the one you posted.  Looking on the app for our Equinox cruise it is the same menu we remember from years of dining in Murano's. We'll find out in 3 weeks or so.

Please post your experience after your cruise. If the Dover Sole and the Lobster Murano are removed we'll likely cancel our specialty dining package.

5 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Please post your experience after your cruise. If the Dover Sole and the Lobster Murano are removed we'll likely cancel our specialty dining package.

I just watched a video on YouTube of some folks who ate at Murano a couple of weeks ago on the Equinox and the menu actually said "COLD water lobster"...look up Traveling Gamblers Equinox and it should come up.  Someone at the table also has the dover sole. 

image.thumb.png.d5a144db5e463447cabe98c81adc1666.png

Edited by a1betpr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, terrydtx said:

In June I ordered the "warm water" lobster in Murano on the Equinox, I took one bite and it tasted awful and was so tough and stringy. I sent it back and ordered the Dover Sole which was delicious. Maybe it is being removed from the menu, finally. 

It appears they have actually switched to COLD water lobster!  See post #26.

Yes I believe they now serve warm water lobster. I expect better on my Alaska cruise but it was definitely not what I expected. I do understand the logistics of supplying all their ships worldwide with whatever they need. ( I am in the logistics business) and given the current state of things, I tend to cut them some slack.  I did not eat the famous table side lobster at Murano. We had to cancel our dinner doing the last days specialty lunch.  One course was pouched lobster and it was surprisingly very good. As were the other courses in the pre fox menu.  

just my experience which means nothing here, or so I’ve been told. 

cheers

After cruising extensively for 20 years I can get a better lobster at Red Lobster than any I've ever had on any cruise. I tried the lobster once in Murano and as I said in this thread it was uneatable and it sent I back to get the Dover Sole.

Move on Murano serves more than just lobster.

Edited by terrydtx

We was on the Silhouette last week and can confirm we had lobster in Murano - which was cooked tableside.

Lobster in the MDR wasnt anything special - they had this has an extra bar the last Chic night.

Edited by thedriver23

On 8/24/2023 at 7:21 AM, terrydtx said:

After cruising extensively for 20 years I can get a better lobster at Red Lobster than any I've ever had on any cruise. I tried the lobster once in Murano and as I said in this thread it was uneatable and it sent I back to get the Dover Sole.

Move on Murano serves more than just lobster.

What a different experience we had. Living in New England, we are spoiled eating great lobsters and Murano lobster we had dozen of time was our most favorite. Simply exquisite.