Luggage>Travel bag question

elliotlake12

12 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

I have a travel bag, that fits over extended suitcase handle.

Can I leave that attached(handle extended) when giving the porter our luggage at port embarkation? 

Just put a luggage tab on the travel bag after you separate it from the suitcase.

That's what I do.  Or, I usually just handcarry the travel bag.

I would not do this either.  Your bag will be tossed sideways on to a cart with 30 other suitcases on top of it so they can be put on to the ship.  Any suitcase with its handle extended would be just asking to be broken.  And your second bag would not necessarily be kept with the first bag.   I doubt the porter that you hand your luggage off to would even accept if from you with the handle up and a second bag stacked on the handle.  You need 2 luggage tags.  Or carry on the smaller bag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I would not do this either.  Your bag will be tossed sideways on to a cart with 30 other suitcases on top of it so they can be put on to the ship.  Any suitcase with its handle extended would be just asking to be broken.  And your second bag would not necessarily be kept with the first bag.   I doubt the porter that you hand your luggage off to would even accept if from you with the handle up and a second bag stacked on the handle.  You need 2 luggage tags.  Or carry on the smaller bag.

Agree, except I would not give the smaller bag to the porter. The carts are stacked higher than at an airport, and the small bag will likely get smushed. When we cruise I check my bigger suitcase and have a small roller bag with a travel bag over it that I carry on. This way I do not have to carry a travel bag on my shoulder all afternoon.