Title Change - Oceania changed booking characteristics without notification

Guest ldtr

Just got off of an interesting call with Oceania Customer Service.  When I made a booking on August 22, 2022 I was told and my booking documents say that we each have $400 in OBC

Promotional Amenities Amount Promotional Amenities Amount
- US$400 OLife Choice Shipboard Credit * $400.00 - US$400 OLife Choice Shipboard Credit * $400.00
* Promotional and Group amenities, along with complimentary gifts, are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Shipboard credits are provided per

There is a second page that lists these credits as Credits Eligible for Pre-Sailing use.

The customer service representative stated that the booking did not list any credits and that there was no way I could have any.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor and they went off line for a few minutes and came back and said the supervisor also said that there was no credits on the booking.  He did give me an e-mail address so I could send him the documents I had received.

Edited by ldtr

• Guest changed the title to Title Change - Oceania changed booking characteristics without notification

I just got this resolved.

In the documents I had initially received I we had $400 in OBC each.

After the discussion and sending in my copies I just received a new set of documents where they had removed the OBC but added an additional discount of $400 each.  Apparently they did that sometime after we booked but did not send out updated documents until my call to customer service.

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Do you have a TA  that booked the cruise?

Did you switch to Simply More ?

No did not switch.  Booked directly with Oceania.

Apparently their system changed the terms when they changed Olife to simply more.

Edited by ldtr

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Apparently their system changed the terms when they changed programs.

I think Oceania did you a favor by charging you less and not allowing you to pay for your own OBC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Apparently their system changed the terms when they changed programs.

As long as you got it resolved  😉

2 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I think Oceania did you a favor by charging you less and not allowing you to pay for your own OBC.

I do not disagree.  It would have saved a discussion with customer service where I was referring to the documents that I had received and was the CR rep basically said there was no way I could have the OBC.  Apparently their system does not track history of what was actually sent to the customer, or if it does the CR rep did not check it.  It felt like I was being accused of lying about it, without them actually saying so.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

I do not disagree.  It would have saved a discussion with customer service where I was referring to the documents that I had received and was the CR rep basically said there was no way I could have the OBC.  Apparently their system does not track history of what was actually sent to the customer, or if it does the CR rep did not check it.  It felt like I was being accused of lying about it, without them actually saying so.

Yes, Oceania “wronged” you twice in this case.  First for offering you $800 OBC in exchange for asking you to $800 more for your cruise, and making it look like it’s some sort of a “benefit.”  (I’m sure if you knew what this was about exactly, you wouldn’t have agreed to this in the first place.) And second for not telling you that they no longer offer this questionable “benefit” of soon-to-be-retired OLife.  I guess, on the bright side, you lucked out by getting out of the “pay for your own OBC” scheme.

Edited by Psoque
  • Like 1

I am getting increasingly frustrated with Oceania customer support.  They gave the cabin I booked in 2021 to someone else and moved us to a different cabin weeks before the cruise.  Never advised us of the change, but I noted the different cabin number when we got the luggage tags, etc.  Oceania said it was a computer glitch that cause this to happen.  Gave us a $500 ship board credit for our trouble (took lots of calls, etc.) but still lost our extended balcony.  $500 credit for a 18 day cruise is $27.78 a day.  Doesn't seem like enough for this treatment. Wouldn't even cover one Big O Martini for my husband and I each day.  And this for a Gold club member ......

• Like 1