Marseille port to Aix-en-Provence

timandnancy

On 8/14/2023 at 1:52 PM, timandnancy said:

Has anyone ever tried to take a train to Aix-en-Provence from Marseille port?

Or Uber or bus??

Thanks!

I came here to ask this exact question.  Was wondering if we just Uber to Aix-en-Provance, would we be missing some "experience" aspect not taking the train? 

On 8/19/2023 at 1:03 AM, BlueCattleDog said:

I came here to ask this exact question.  Was wondering if we just Uber to Aix-en-Provance, would we be missing some "experience" aspect not taking the train? 

If you can get an Uber or taxi at a reasonable price then it is a good option.  Keep in mind that many of us use trains/buses or even rental cars because they offer a better value.  Taxis, in France, can be quite expensive and Uber is not always an option.

Hank

On 8/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, Dancer Bob said:

Book the cruise transfer to Gare St Charles (the port shuttle is not recommended), or taxi/Uber if you wish. The Gare Routiere is adjacent to the train platforms.

There is a local train from St Charles to Aix. You’ll need to take the local shuttle port to train which has some iffy reports. You might try Uber (I just did and there is no pickup at the Port Croisières Marseilles) and trust me taxis around here are sometimes more expensive than airfares to London.

You might be stuck with that bus shuttle. But read this…

https://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/organize-your-stay/practical-information/access-to-marseille-cruise-port/

This shuttle goes to Terrasses du Port, a shopping center. There is a city train there but I would use a taxi to the station.

I’m leaving from that port in Nov. & it’s an awkward problem getting to/from the cruise port, 8 km from the Gare St Charles.

My daughter and her husband just visited on their honeymoon cruise and were able to book a round trip taxi transfer in advance for $139. They were picked up at the ship and dropped off in Marseille and spent the day doing their own touring. The taxi came back and picked them up promptly at the appointed time and returned then to the ship. It worked out great for them. 

16 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

My daughter and her husband just visited on their honeymoon cruise and were able to book a round trip taxi transfer in advance for $139. They were picked up at the ship and dropped off in Marseille and spent the day doing their own touring. The taxi came back and picked them up promptly at the appointed time and returned then to the ship. It worked out great for them. 

For that price they should have been provided with a Rolls Royce  :).  

On 8/28/2023 at 12:29 PM, Hlitner said:

For that price they should have been provided with a Rolls Royce  :).  

It was actually quite reasonable compared to ships tour which would have been more than twice as much and given then less time. They felt the price of 65 each way well worth it for a 40 minute drive. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 9:13 AM, elaine5 said:

a RT transfer to Aix from Marseille? If so, could you share the booking site? Thanks, Elaine

Sorry for the delay in replying. We just got back from our cruise. it was a company called City Airport Taxis. Here is the link:

https://city-airport-taxis.com/airporttransfers/reservations/taxi-from-Marseille-Port-to-Aix-en-Provence

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2