Moderno salad bar

Yes, they have sushi on the salad bar.  I don’t remember exactly what kinds, but it is there.  I travel often with a friend who doesn’t eat meat (she does eat seafood), but she loves Moderno.  The salad bar is great.  Also, if you make arrangements in advance, they will bring a you a piece of broiled salmon. We did that twice.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I get it, you don’t go to this place for the salad bar lol..  but was watching a video and saw they had some basic sushi rolls at the salad bar.  Was I imagining it or was that real?  Think I saw tuna, salmon and veggie rolls.  

Hearts of Palm, Caprese salad, sushi, soup, plus a variety of veggies to build your own salad.  It might seem like a waste to pass up the all-you-can-eat parade of meat, but you definitely can get your fill from just the salad / antipasto bar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Was I imagining it or was that real?  Think I saw tuna, salmon and veggie rolls.

They do indeed have sushi rolls on the salad bar, but like all NCL sushi, the rice is layered on very thickly on the nori with maybe 20% other fillings.  (Sorry, no bueno for me.  It's a personal pet peeve).

• Like 1

For us the best experience of the Moderno is the salad bar. 

Assorted fine Cheeses, Italian Cole cuts (if I can characterize them as such) Sushi, etc. I always have at least 2 rounds of the Salad Bar.

And lastly, we enjoy the cooked pineapple at the end of our courses.    

• Like 2