First Time Princess Cruiser w/Questions

510picker

My wife and I typically cruise on Holland America. She wanted to do something different for her 50th birthday, so we have a 7-day January cruise booked on the Sky Princess. 

We love renting the Retreat Cabanas on HAL, so I’m interested in finding out the procedure for renting a cabana in The Sanctuary. Can they be booked before the cruise? What is the cost to rent for the week? I couldn’t find this information on the Princess website so if it is there, could someone please post a link? Thank you!

@djwoolis quoting prices for a padded lounger (per person) in the sanctuary. The cabanas are a whole different ballgame. We spent a week in one on Discovery in April 2022 and really loved it. 

It’s been a minute so my prices might be off by a few dollars. We paid as I recall $220 per full day rental. No discount for booking the whole cruise. I don’t recall what half days were but believe it was more than just the $110 you’d think. I could be wrong about that. 

It comes with a full bar set up. One for the morning and one for the afternoon. We ordered half bottles if Bombay sapphire gin and got two every day. With mixers. And big bowls of fresh fruit. I’ll try to post pictures. 

IMG_6159.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6150.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

• Like 2

Specifically, go to the Sanctuary directly to book -- not Guest Services. Sanctuary is at the top of the ship in the front on deck 18.

Once you board the ship, head toward the front and take the front elevators, which are much less busy than those at midship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Specifically, go to the Sanctuary directly to book -- not Guest Services. Sanctuary is at the top of the ship in the front on deck 18.

Once you board the ship, head toward the front and take the front elevators, which are much less busy than those at midship.

Listen to @snoozecrooze.  Gotta go to the Sanctuary first.  Make it snappy...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djwool said:

Thought that sounded like a really good deal. Thanks for posting the correct info.

The price is for two people. If there’s another person you’d like to add they just need to pay the price of a lounger. 
Arrive early to board. If it’s a warm weather cruise especially. Arriving at the pier at 10 am will mean you might wait for the doors to open but you will be given the first group boarding pass after the priority groups. 

Go directly to sanctuary. Read the deck plans snd familiarize yourself.

Ask about and think about the  direction of the sun. Some cabanas are better positioned than others.  The crew stationed in Sanctuary, in my many, many, many experiences there across the fleet are the most helpful, caring and highly trained (or are being trained under watchful eyes to highest standards).  They will make you feel as if you are their only passenger while they are with you. 

Best of luck and enjoy. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You need to board as early as possible especially if you are not Elite or in a suite. They will board before you. Run do not walk. Go directly to the Sanctuary ( people have been known to run up 17 flights). Perhaps because you want a Cabana and they are pricy you might have a chance ( warm weather cruise). There will be a line but eventually you’ll get a chance. It is so wonderful. Don’t miss the 3:30 afternoon high English tea. And you can also in addition to the spa menu get hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza from the Grill. 

• Like 1

I'd love to hear some RECENT experiences with trying to book the Sanctuary on a warm-weather cruise. On our last trip, last February, as Elite status very early boarders, we were literally among the first people on the ship and raced very quickly upstairs to book. Still, maybe a half-dozen folks beat us to it. We were all told that the Sanctuary had been completely booked out, loungers and Cabanas, for our entire week by the hundreds of B2Bers from the previous cruise who were offered the option of pre-booking for our voyage ahead of time. We're on the Discovery this October for a California Coaster, hopefully we'll have better luck booking the Sanctuary this time.

2 hours ago, marden1970 said:

I see that the cabanas have a TV, wouldn't that disturb the rest of the people in the Sancturary?  If I paid extra for the Sanctuary I would be really annoyed if I had to listen to it.

We never turned it on. And I never heard anyone else’s. I think there were head phones because I remember thinking isn’t that clever. No way are they going to allow noise in the sanctuary.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We never turned it on. And I never heard anyone else’s. I think there were head phones because I remember thinking isn’t that clever. No way are they going to allow noise in the sanctuary.  

That's one of the many advantages to the Sanctuary, they do a great job of keeping it quiet (at least every time we've ever been there). Anyone in the Cabanas are expected to use the provided headphones if they watch TV

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the information. I use a wheelchair full-time and get to board early on Holland America. Do they do the same on Princess? If so, we will get on as soon as we can and I will send my able-bodied wife sprinting up those 17 flights of stairs to get in line for a cabana :)