Celebrity home porting at Port Canaveral in Dec 2024

Jeremiah1212

10 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I don't have a subscription either , but was able to read it.  Sorry about that.  Here is another news source on the subject:

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/murray-thrilled-with-celebrity-cruises-coming-to-port-canaveral/

Odd. Maybe it was my browser.

Anyway, I could read this one. Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The 22nd is when these new Port Canaveral sailings will be on sale. 

Thanks !

Being that it's just 20+ minutes from our home - looking forward to this FINALLY.

It would be better still had it been the Reflection or Silhouette (for Lawn Club Grill/Porch) or an Edge class ship, but we'll take it !

Tom 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's how I feel too --- and we live near Pt Canaveral... LOL

Tom

We are about 1.5 hours from PC and 3 hours to Tampa - we do that but avoid the 1.5 hour drive to FLL and won't drive to MIA.  I wonder which terminal "X" will use? PC is pretty busy during the Fall & Winter cruising season.

• Like 1

X can't survive on just central Florida people wanting to cruise. There must be a driving radius that includes South Caroline and Georgia that they are factoring in 

MCO is a big airport but it is a hike to get to Port Canaveral

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We are about 1.5 hours from PC and 3 hours to Tampa - we do that but avoid the 1.5 hour drive to FLL and won't drive to MIA.  I wonder which terminal "X" will use? PC is pretty busy during the Fall & Winter cruising season.

I recall seeing terminal 1 being mentioned initially - but with uncertainty going forward. 

Tom

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

And me as well.  Finally, a port I can drive to!

Why can’t you drive to Tampa, FT Lauderdale, Miami, NY , Boston? Even those ports on the West coast can be driven to.  We have done it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tfred said:

X can't survive on just central Florida people wanting to cruise. There must be a driving radius that includes South Caroline and Georgia that they are factoring in 

MCO is a big airport but it is a hike to get to Port Canaveral

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The top market areas for Caribbean cruises are 80% from Florida. I would also question the New York population. This very well could be a significant number of people who use a NY address to book their cruise but essentially live in FL (at least during winter months).

7 night Caribbean

1. Miami, FL

2. West Palm Beach, FL

3. Orlando, Fl

4. Tampa, FL 

5. New York, NY

Long Caribbean (8+ nights)

1. Tampa, FL

2. Orlando, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. New York, NY 

5. Naples, FL 

Short Caribbean (6 and under nights)

1. Miami, FL

2.Tampa, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. Orlando, FL

5. New York, NY 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The top market areas for Caribbean cruises are 80% from Florida. I would also question the New York population. This very well could be a significant number of people who use a NY address to book their cruise but essentially live in FL (at least during winter months).

7 night Caribbean

1. Miami, FL

2. West Palm Beach, FL

3. Orlando, Fl

4. Tampa, FL 

5. New York, NY

Long Caribbean (8+ nights)

1. Tampa, FL

2. Orlando, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. New York, NY 

5. Naples, FL 

Short Caribbean (6 and under nights)

1. Miami, FL

2.Tampa, FL

3. West Palm Beach, FL

4. Orlando, FL

5. New York, NY 

What does the table represent?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellesor826 said:

I heard Summit is moving from Miami……

We do not care for Port of Miami 🤷🏼‍♀️

Can you elaborate more?  To where and when?

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Can you elaborate more?  To where and when?

My understanding is Port Everglades and I don't know the projected move date.
We have a Summit cruise in December from Miami.

Source is an "industry of cruise news informational"....since we cannot post sites. 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

What does the table represent?

The top market areas (catchment areas) for each type of Caribbean cruise; i.e. the top geographical areas where customers are coming from. 

12 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

My understanding is Port Everglades and I don't know the projected move date.
We have a Summit cruise in December from Miami.

Source is an "industry of cruise news informational"....since we cannot post sites. 🙂

The Summit changes are for late 2024 into early 2025, not the current winter 2023/2024 season. 

San Juan departures are being canceled and the ship relocated to Port Everglades. There still may be a San Juan shoulder season in Oct/Nov/Dec of 2024. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The top market areas (catchment areas) for each type of Caribbean cruise; i.e. the top geographical areas where customers are coming from. 

The Summit changes are for late 2024 into early 2025, not the current winter 2023/2024 season. 

San Juan departures are being canceled and the ship relocated to Port Everglades. There still may be a San Juan shoulder season in Oct/Nov/Dec of 2024. 

Thank you for the explanation for the table and the clarification on Summit's affected sailing dates.  We have a Summit cruise planned for this coming April with nonrefundable air already purchased.  I just wanted to make sure we were good--for now.

6 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

So what about Eclipse? Was that just a rumor? Supposition? SWAG?

Not accurate according to anything Celebrity has put out. There is nothing for early 2025 in South America. Swamping Equinox for Eclipse also doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

My guess is if there was a South America offering they would bring Infinity back. The year round Med isn't a big seller so far. Since there was nothing mentioned about changes to the Infinity sailing yesterday, this may not be all that likely. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Not accurate according to anything Celebrity has put out. There is nothing for early 2025 in South America. Swamping Equinox for Eclipse also doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

My guess is if there was a South America offering they would bring Infinity back. The year round Med isn't a big seller so far. Since there was nothing mentioned about changes to the Infinity sailing yesterday, this may not be all that likely. 

Yes, I could see that--especially since we did the South America/Cape Horn sailing on her back in 2016.

image.thumb.jpeg.146b49090757eb05cf1bda4c51ba748d.jpeg

Infinity docked at Ushuaia, Argentina on Dec 31 2016.