$$$

We have been to CocoCay over 80 times and never spend anything except for tips.  We grab our free loungers/umbrella and relax for the day.  We go to the included buffets or Snack Shack for lunch.  Our WIFI works out there.  We have the beverage package, so that works out there.  Pool is included. You can have an amazing day and CocoCay without spending anything.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lindatoo said:

Can someone tell me about the charges for Perfect Day Island. I was told it could be up to $200 per person per day. I thought it was free. 

Who told you that?  If it was a TA - get a new one, fast!

It can be free, (Even most of the food is included)  or it can be  LOTS more depending on what you want to do that day. 

Many don't spend a dime.  Other spend thousands of dollars on an over the water cabana for the day. 

M

M

• Like 1

You can have an amazing perfect day without spending a single dollar. There are upcharges but they are not something you need to have a fun day.

Don't feel you have to spend money to have a great day. You don't 

1 hour ago, lindatoo said:

Can someone tell me about the charges for Perfect Day Island. I was told it could be up to $200 per person per day. I thought it was free. 

1 hour ago, WyKnott said:

It is free, but some areas have a fee like the waterpark or the Coco Beach Club. It's possible to have a full day at Coco Cay without spending any money.

'Not only is it possible , unless you have the money to burn , you need to spend $0 and you will have an awesome time !

And for what its worth if you do have said money to burn , $200 wouldn't scratch the surface , You could spend $1000's 

I always tell people this: "If you think your trip to a cruise line's private island is free, you best take a more detailed look at your port fees." 

I really noticed this on NCL, a $1200ish cruise with an additional cost of over $700 in port fees and taxes.  It's never free; included in the total cost of the cruise, but not free.

• Like 1

Been to CocoCay and Labadee many, many times. Never spent a cent.

It's a beach day. The beach is included. Food is included. Drinks are the same as on the ship (included with your drink package or same price as on the ship). Where you can spend money is on the same things you would spend at Disney or a State Fair: Rides. Also, they charge and arm and a leg for cabanas over the water. Not worth a dime to me. We like both places but we also stay on the ship many times to enjoy the ship with no crowds.

• Like 1

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

I saw a video this morning of a couple who spent $3800 on a Coco Cay beach club over the water cabana, they were on the island under 4 hours as it became very windy. 

To me, the cabanas are absurdly expensive, but I suppose if you have money to burn...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lindatoo said:

Thank you so much for all the info. Now I know for sure that I can go and spend a day on the beach without robbing a bank. 

What about the lazy river (where you float down the river on an innertube?

There is no lazy river at Coco Cay, only lazy people.  😉

• Haha 3

There is a large fresh water lagoon there, although they don't have any innertubes.  We do use a couple of inflatable noodles although for the most part it is around 3-4' deep.  

Just make sure you either turn in your towel or bring it back to the ship.  They charge $25 if you don't.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:05 PM, lindatoo said:

Totally free unless you want to spend money on extra things you don’t need.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, topnole said:

Totally free unless you want to spend money on extra things you don’t need.   

You may not need the extras but others may want them.

Edited by ReRe71
  • Like 1

We have been to almost every major cruise line’s private island or resort in the Caribbean. Coco Cay is our favorite; great location, beautiful beaches, the ocean is refreshing, it’s a great place to relax. We never do anything other than use the free lounge chairs and umbrellas. We always have a great time. 

• Like 1