Solstice - Chardonnays by the bottle?

Marriedonacruise

8 minutes ago, Marriedonacruise said:

Is there anyone currently on the Solstice that can take a photo of their Chardonnays by the bottle from the larger wine list (not those by the glass)?  Trying to figure out if we need to bring two bottles with us or if they will have something we like. 

Just open up your app and look at the wine lists for all the restaurants and bars. If you want something decent, just bring your own to avoid paying 3 times the price for theirs.

51 minutes ago, Marriedonacruise said:

Is there anyone currently on the Solstice that can take a photo of their Chardonnays by the bottle from the larger wine list (not those by the glass)?  Trying to figure out if we need to bring two bottles with us or if they will have something we like. 

On Millenium recently, they had a Celebrity Elegance bottled by Kendall Jackson that was a darker, heavier Chardonnay.  They had a lighter one in Luminae called Simple Grape that we liked.  We did not get into the more expensive wines in Cellar Masters.  It wasn't convenient in Vancouver to buy bottles beforehand and we found these selections to our liking.

2 hours ago, Marriedonacruise said:

The app only has wines by the glass and not the comprehensive bottle list. 

My app has everything when I look at the different menus....go to WINE and scroll. You need to look at all bars and restaurants because they all offer some different options.

• Like 1

You have to look at the different venues in the app. My upcoming Equinox cruise has no bottles in the MDR, but they’re listed in the specialties and Luminae. I assume Blu as well. 

What are you looking for? The list in the app isn’t always by variety, and there’s some clear insanity on the list and pricing, especially for Chardonnay (and probably Cabernet Sauvignon). 

26 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

My app has everything when I look at the different menus....go to WINE and scroll. You need to look at all bars and restaurants because they all offer some different options.

That is just a subset of their most common wines. I cruise Celebrity frequently so know all the restaurants share a larger wine cellar menu that has hundreds more wines by the bottle - but it does vary by ship somewhat as each ship gets different wines by region. I was just on the Solstice two months ago but forgot to take a picture of the full Chardonnay list. They definitely had way more than what I see in the app and I’ve looked at every bar and restaurant menu in the app.   A perfect example is that they had Veuve Rich (not a Chardonnay) and some very expensive reds (thousands of dollars) which are not on any of the app menus. 

Edited by Marriedonacruise

11 minutes ago, Marriedonacruise said:

That is just a subset of their most common wines. I cruise Celebrity frequently so know all the restaurants share a larger wine cellar menu that has hundreds more wines by the bottle - but it does vary by ship somewhat as each ship gets different wines by region. I was just on the Solstice two months ago but forgot to take a picture of the full Chardonnay list. They definitely had way more than what I see in the app and I’ve looked at every bar and restaurant menu in the app.   A perfect example is that they had Veuve Rich (not a Chardonnay) and some very expensive reds (thousands of dollars) which are not on any of the app menus. 

If you look at the full wine lists for all the specialty restaurants as well as BLU and Luminae, you should get a pretty solid picture of what they have. 

I am finding the same thing as OP that the app is only showing wine by the glass for our  upcoming sailings and the bars are only showing a few drinks and beer no wine.

I did go to the app for the current Solstice sailing and the list of wines include by the glass and bottle.

I found that the printed menu wine by the bottle menu on the Eclipse in May (which was supposedly a new menu that sailing) included lots of wines they didn't actually have in stock so I'm not sure I would trust a printed menu or the app.  Maybe a recent Solstice cruiser that likes Chardonnay?  But to be safe, you might want to bring two bottles.

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

I found that the printed menu wine by the bottle menu on the Eclipse in May (which was supposedly a new menu that sailing) included lots of wines they didn't actually have in stock so I'm not sure I would trust a printed menu or the app.

This is absolutely true. I've found that ordering any wine results in a pour of whatever's open. When I challenged this in the Sky Lounge one time, the bar staff educated me that there was no "menu", but the wines in that little book and in the app were just "examples" of wine.

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

This is absolutely true. I've found that ordering any wine results in a pour of whatever's open. When I challenged this in the Sky Lounge one time, the bar staff educated me that there was no "menu", but the wines in that little book and in the app were just "examples" of wine.

When I have ordered by the bottle (from the MDR or Cellar Masters) they have never substituted without talking to me.  So it's not quite as bad as many bars that I agree will just pour whatever is open.

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

When I have ordered by the bottle (from the MDR or Cellar Masters) they have never substituted without talking to me.

You're right .. I was speaking about ordering by the glass. And MDR was actually better about this than the other bars on the ship. I liked Cellar Masters, but as far as I know, Cellar Masters no longer exist on any ship, except perhaps Infinity class where they have a bar by that name but it is not at all a wine bar.

Just now, publicpersona said:

You're right .. I was speaking about ordering by the glass. And MDR was actually better about this than the other bars on the ship. I liked Cellar Masters, but as far as I know, Cellar Masters no longer exist on any ship, except perhaps Infinity class where they have a bar by that name but it is not at all a wine bar.

Cellar Masters is still on a number of non-revolutionized M and S class ships.  We sailed both the Constellation and the Eclipse in the last year and both had a Cellar Masters.  It is unfortunate they have not continued to have a good wine bar on all their ships.