Aurora Tour Toilet Question

donaldsc

My wife requested that I ask this question.  We are doing a Norway aurora cruise and I have not seen an answer to this question.  Some of the aurora tours are quite long.  What do you do if you have to go to the toilet on one of these long outside aurora tours.  It is fairly easy for a male.  It would be much harder for a female.

DON

Ship's tour or independent?

If it's a ship's tour via bus - the bus will have a restroom.

If the tour goes to a remote site, check the tour description for the site facilities - or ask the operator directly before booking. [assumed independent tour]

If the tour is a 'northern lights chase' [a small group van excursion] the destination would not be known until the night's weather forecast [and actual weather] is known. 

For the tours themselves - most ports will have a tourist information website, e.g. visittromso.no with links to local tour operators allowing for direct contact with local tour providers.

This past November I did the ship's tour - Cunard had four busloads. The nearly full moon ruined night vision, so the aurora was much more visible to cameras than eyes.