Live from the Silver Nova 8-21-23 to 9-1-23 Venice to Rome!!

A Tucson Guy

7 hours ago, sea bright said:

Sounds like you're having a blast! Loving your posts. We're not onboard til January. Is there a walking/jogging loop on the Nova deck? Hard to tell from the deck plans.

Enjoy the rest of your voyage.

Yes there is a jogging track on deck 10.

We had a great dinner in La Dame last night. As many on this forum have questions about dress code, last night was not a formal night and the restaurant was almost full. It states that men should wear a jacket every night in La Dame. Last night there were at least 5 men without jackets and I only saw one man wearing a tie. The fact that a few did not wear jackets, did not deter from our dinner. This was our second meal in La Dame and now I am changing my opinion of the $320 per couple opinion. It does not feel like I am getting a value for the investment, especially with other dinner choices. We will probably with come back on future cruises, but the jury is still out on this one. We did not have shipboard credits but if we did, I would probably use them in La Dame. Other wise we are still blown away with the Nova and look forward to returning in November of this year. Now off to Palermo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We had a great dinner in La Dame last night. It states that men should wear a jacket every night in La Dame. Last night there were at least 5 men without jackets…

Thx for the second report from La Dame.  So much for SS abiding by Nova’s new Setting Sail Guide.  If Nova on board mgt. isn’t going to enforce the jacket requirement, then why even have the requirement at all?  I imagine more and more men will turn the new policy into nothing more than a suggested request in a relatively short period of time.

On 8/29/2023 at 3:04 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

A couple of nights ago it was Formal "optional" night. We had dinner in Atlantide and we saw very few tuxedos or dinner jackets, maybe less than 10. I would say the balance was gents wearing ties at about 35% and the rest, like me, suit or sport coats with no ties.  My crystal ball says this will be the new normal for SS going forward in the future. I did not hear one person complain about the new dress code. I think this is the wave of the future for the cruising industry.

Very good summary and details.  Glad that things are going well.  Agree as to this being the "wave of the future" as overall in society, things are getting less formal and more adapted to a reasonably flexible dress code.  Keep up the great reporting and sharing.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 3:04 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

A couple of nights ago it was Formal "optional" night. We had dinner in Atlantide and we saw very few tuxedos or dinner jackets, maybe less than 10. I would say the balance was gents wearing ties at about 35% and the rest, like me, suit or sport coats with no ties. The rest of the ship looked to be about the same percentages. My crystal ball says this will be the new normal for SS going forward in the future. I did not hear one person complain about the new dress code. I think this is the wave of the future for the cruising industry.

How about collared shirts ? Are you seeing polos instead of dress shirts?

1 hour ago, Doolz said:

Appreciate you taking the time to provide the above update, as it’s not exactly clear how the new dress code is being interpreted. We are joining the Nova on the 16th Oct for 21 nights and we have three Formal nights scheduled, are you able to recall the attire of the ladies at the Formal nights, as my wife is trying to plan her wardrobe!

Per my wife, cocktail attire is sufficient. No one wears long gowns. Slacks and a fancy top will work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to hear there is a walking/jogging track as I was looking at the deck plans and couldn't really tell for sure.  That is a requirement for me.  On the old Silversea Explorer, there wasn't a proper one, so I made one up which involved ducking under lifeboats, etc, but I did a lot of miles on that. 

2 hours ago, RachelG said:

Happy to hear there is a walking/jogging track as I was looking at the deck plans and couldn't really tell for sure.  That is a requirement for me.  On the old Silversea Explorer, there wasn't a proper one, so I made one up which involved ducking under lifeboats, etc, but I did a lot of miles on that. 

I seem to remember it's 12 laps for a mile.

• Like 1

Interesting statistic for me. There are 728 passengers on board and it seems like only 2 people from this board are posting on this board. I have to assume that there are only two people out of 728 currently on the Nova who frequent this board. That means that about .2% or way less than 1% are on the ship. This sure shows that people on this board represent a sliver of SS passenger base. 

• Like 4

We are currently waiting to disembark in Civitavecchia (Rome) to take the SS two day post cruise in Florence. Next week I will try and remember to post my final thoughts on this wonderful cruise and the great headliner, The Silver Nova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy trails to you..........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 8/30/2023 at 2:25 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

We had a great dinner in La Dame last night. As many on this forum have questions about dress code, last night was not a formal night and the restaurant was almost full. It states that men should wear a jacket every night in La Dame. Last night there were at least 5 men without jackets and I only saw one man wearing a tie. The fact that a few did not wear jackets, did not deter from our dinner. This was our second meal in La Dame and now I am changing my opinion of the $320 per couple opinion. It does not feel like I am getting a value for the investment, especially with other dinner choices. We will probably with come back on future cruises, but the jury is still out on this one. We did not have shipboard credits but if we did, I would probably use them in La Dame. Other wise we are still blown away with the Nova and look forward to returning in November of this year. Now off to Palermo.

When are you traveling on Nova in November? 

On 8/31/2023 at 5:03 AM, Techno123 said:

@A Tucson Guy there will be a few on the other board that shall not be named 😜 but you are correct, only a small proportion of cruisers have heard of CC and only a few of those actually post anything.

of course!  There are thousands of Silversea guests over the course of a year and I’m sure that the vast majority get on the boat, do their thing, get off and don’t participate in any CC or other forums.  Always good to remember that these forums don’t represent anything other than a fraction of the guests.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

We are currently waiting to disembark in Civitavecchia (Rome) to take the SS two day post cruise in Florence. Next week I will try and remember to post my final thoughts on this wonderful cruise and the great headliner, The Silver Nova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy trails to you..........

May you have a wonderful time in Florence and a smooth trip home!

Once you've settled back in, could you let us know what whiskies were available on board (especially outside of the Connoisseur's Club)?  We'll be on board soon, and I like to be prepared.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

May you have a wonderful time in Florence and a smooth trip home!

Once you've settled back in, could you let us know what whiskies were available on board (especially outside of the Connoisseur's Club)?  We'll be on board soon, and I like to be prepared.

Cheers!

Thanks for your good wishes. I don't drink whiskies so sorry but I can't answer your question.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

Tuscon Guy - thank you for your commentary.  It has been very helpful. I know many are appreciative of the time you have spent answering questions during your personal vacation.  Perhaps I will meet you in November!  Continued safe travels.

Ashley

Thank you very much. Truth be told, I don't usually post on cruises, but I felt that the Nova being a new and very wonderfully different ship, I would let inquiring minds know. I think a review from a paying passenger gives a different perspective than somebody who did not have to pay for the cruise. The two day post excursion to Florence is fabulous and I will post on that when I do my final thoughts post from home. Off to go shopping for my wife and maybe I will find something for myself!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2