How do I apply for Shareholder Credit

Hipockets

Email a copy of your stock certificate (with private info blacked out). As long as it shows your name and the Carnival shares info it should be fine. Ask for the benefit to be applied to your account and provide your cruise booking number. It took about 5 days and the credit was applied to my travel summary online. 

email to: sbpcl@princesscruises.com

my email read:

Please apply shareholders benefit (attached proof of share holdings below)to Booking # 4XXXXX - 14 day cruise.

Jane Doe

Circle Status Member # 99999999

Thank you

• Like 2

Here is what I send by email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com:

(Of course you need to attach a (redacted) copy of your brokerage report.)

I am requesting the shareholder’s Benefit.  I have purchased the required 100 shares of CCL and offer up the following supporting information as noted on the Shareholder Benefit webpage.

100 shares purchased (see attached brokerage report)

Name:                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Booking Number:       XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ship:                          XXXXXX Princess

Sail Date:                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Name

Address 

City, ST zip

Phone (Home)

Phone (Cell)

• Like 2

As usual with Princess, no consistency with policies.  I sent my CCL stock info to my PVP in July 2023 and it was applied to my Mar 2024 cruise two days later. On my Personalizer still.  So, you don’t necessarily have to wait until 90 days out. Just FYI …….

12 hours ago, mcgratru said:

Yes. Steelers36 is correct….good to check info especially regarding dates…has to be less than 90 from sailing but at least 28 days before sailing.

They have been accepting the requests for the Shareholder Benefit outside of the 90 day limit (at least in North America).  I've had the benefit applied for cruises that were more than a year in the future.  The benefit can be used to book excursions.  If we had to wait to be within the 90 day limit, there would be a lot of sold out excursions.

13 hours ago, mcgratru said:

Email a copy of your stock certificate (with private info blacked out).

I've never possessed any stock certificates in my life, and I've been in the market... for a while.  My parents weren't farsighted enough to gift me shares in Berkshire, or Apple, or Disney, or Carnival Corp. ☹️

• Like 1

After I posted this question on a lark I called Princess and to my surprise someone answered right away and put me on hold for about 2 minutes and came back and gave me this link  https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page and told me to go to the Support Request and on the pull down to select Pre-Cruise Support then next to it under Topic to select Carnival Corporation Shareholder and when I entered the information it gave me everything I needed 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcgratru said:

Wow…very critical bunch!

Hope Hipockets got the info as requested. I will make sure to be extremely specific and careful in future attempts to answer questions so as not to trigger anyone.

Not sure what you mean...

Several people (myself included) contributed the information that the OP was asking for. What am I missing?

• Like 1

I had sent an e-mail last night, but I thought attaching to the link Hipockets posted was a better method, so I submitted again today.

3 hours ago, mcgratru said:

so as not to trigger anyone.

I tend to agree with Rick&Jeannie that I thought the question had been answered pretty thoroughly, and I don't understand where mcgratru got their feelings hurt.

5 hours ago, photomikey said:

I tend to agree with Rick&Jeannie that I thought the question had been answered pretty thoroughly, and I don't understand where mcgratru got their feelings hurt.

It seemed pretty clear to me - mcgratu suggested sending in a copy of the stock certificate, and there were multiple corrections.

I don’t disagree with the corrections (it is important for the OP to know what document should actually be sent), but I think the generic use of “stock certificate” was understandable.

All I know is I forgot to request it for my upcoming cruise next week.  Sent in an email to request it, 13 days before the cruise, and they added the credit within 24 hours!  

My understanding is that whomever is actioning these request prioritizes them by sailing date.  When they’re busy, you can send them in early, and they sit in a “to do” folder until closer to the sailing.  If they’re not busy, they’ll get to them earlier.  The bar they set is the credits will always be applied 2 weeks prior to the cruise date.

I’ve always added information into the email subject :  “shareholder credit request - Discovery Princess, August 27th Sailing”, in the thought that it may help them file it properly for action.

12 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've never possessed any stock certificates in my life, and I've been in the market... for a while.  My parents weren't farsighted enough to gift me shares in Berkshire, or Apple, or Disney, or Carnival Corp. ☹️

I had certificates for Crown Zellerbach, which was replaced with James River shares in my account.  Back when things were printed on paper!

I really wish I had some early shares in Disney - their certificates were to die for! 😀

• Like 1