Cruise Director currently on the Encore

Sunday golf

On 8/20/2023 at 12:32 AM, Mr Luxury said:

I have just received a letter telling me that due to the group on board,I have been credited 25% future cruise credit for the inconvenience that they have caused.

I think this fair.

Senior staff on board listened and head office acted promptly.

I was on the same leg of that cruise. Got off on the 20th. Have not seen the 25% yet when I log in. 

3 hours ago, wesport said:

I was on the same leg of that cruise. Got off on the 20th. Have not seen the 25% yet when I log in. 

Your TA might have the information.

I'm not sure that it will be there when you log in.

I would think that when you book your next cruise,then it will apply the 25% discount.

Yes, we experienced something similar on our Quest cruise in April. In the second week of 2 B2Bs the atmosphere changed completely when 200 Belgian guests from two travel clubs descended on the ship. Completely took over the pool area and all keen to get as much for their reduced cruise price as they could. Cruise Director (the woeful David Price) proudly announced that in that week over 5 times the usual amount of champagne had been drunk and I’m pretty sure the same would have been true of the caviar. I think 7 day cruises are becoming too much of a lottery to book in the future.

Edited by jag60uk
  • Like 2

Not present at embarkation. Programmed some of the same entertainment for both weeks of a B2B cruise. Even told the same introductory stories. Forgot to mention the Housekeeping team at the Farewell event. Encouraged the rowdier elements with late night discos in The Club. Took pride in announcing amount of champagne drunk (which received cries of disgust from other seasoned cruisers). Need I go on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the disadvantages of booking two cruises back to back.  Corporate HQ only provides so much entertainment, and they don't make it so each cruise has a unique and different program than the ones before and after.  Perhaps that criticism should be directed to HQ. 

As for the late night discos -- could that not be also seen as giving guests what they want?  Should there be a questionaire at boarding that says "Do you want a quiet evening atmosphere or a lively one?"  And let the majority decide?  And FWIW, other Seabourn CDs have scheduled discos.

Seems as though there was a big disconnect between your desires and the reality of catering to a entire ship of guests.

12 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

One of the disadvantages of booking two cruises back to back.  Corporate HQ only provides so much entertainment, and they don't make it so each cruise has a unique and different program than the ones before and after.  Perhaps that criticism should be directed to HQ. 

As for the late night discos -- could that not be also seen as giving guests what they want?  Should there be a questionaire at boarding that says "Do you want a quiet evening atmosphere or a lively one?"  And let the majority decide?  And FWIW, other Seabourn CDs have scheduled discos.

Seems as though there was a big disconnect between your desires and the reality of catering to a entire ship of guests.

One of my fond memories of a great cruise was with Ross Roberts doing his DJ set at 02.00 on deck 5 aft.

A great night and well attended. 

I suppose some guests didn't attend and went to bed at 21.00 after an early dinner but you always get that on any cruise.

Something for everyone.

On 8/23/2023 at 4:14 AM, Mr Luxury said:

Your TA might have the information.

I'm not sure that it will be there when you log in.

I would think that when you book your next cruise,then it will apply the 25% discount.

We were on same cruise. There was a letter left in mail slot outside room morning of 8/20 delineating the 25% credit, issued to all non group cruise passengers. 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:22 PM, margbem said:

Mr L - could you possibly find out when Ross is taking over as CD, please? We board on the 17th September and would love to meet him again. Thank you.

This is only our fifth time on SB - 3 times with Robert as CD and once with Jan. Both have been fantastic, with a special shoutout to Robert. Judy and I are also booked for your same 17th September Encore cruise out of Athens and we are really looking forward to hearing/seeing the "Ross Magic".

Best, Jonathan K.

7 hours ago, jdk-atlga said:

This is only our fifth time on SB - 3 times with Robert as CD and once with Jan. Both have been fantastic, with a special shoutout to Robert. Judy and I are also booked for your same 17th September Encore cruise out of Athens and we are really looking forward to hearing/seeing the "Ross Magic".

Best, Jonathan K.

See you on board, Jonathan K!