Is the Infinity Pool on the Iona Still Leaking/Dripping Onto the Balconies Below?

Grumpella

We've booked an aft cabin on Arvia but made sure it was out of the line of fire. That said with a breeze there will come a risk. 

P&O appear to have successfully replaced a soot risk with an unexpected showers from above risk. 

• Like 1

We initially booked an aft stateroom for our upcoming cruise on Arvia but after seeing all the comments on here and other social media moved it to a side balcony. We were also on Iona in March and on the deck where infinity pool is and watching children thinking it funny splashing water over the side. Neither parents or P&O staff said anything or told them to stop so the decision was made easy.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Harryjacobs said:

I was onboard Iona in June andd saw the water issue is still present.  Mainly caused by kid pushing it over the edge.

But does that actually cause water to spill over onto the balconies. The collection scoop has a wide opening at the top, and kids or adults would need to throw the water quite a distance to get it over the scoop.

However there us a constant flow of water out of the bottom of the infinity glass front, which does tend to hit the back wall of the scoop and create splashing, but even this would need to be very severe to splash over the back of the scoop.

2 hours ago, CruisingSarah said:

Why don't they make it an adult only pool?  This might help the issue somewhat.  I don't know, just thinking that adults might use the pool more for relaxing rather than playing as the kids understandably do.

Both aft pools are very small which doesn't help. The front larger pool is designated adult only assumedly because it and its surrounding areas are larger and also are next to the Retreat.

On Arvia I noted how ridiculous it is to have a swim up bar adjacent to the infinity pool as inevitably it became an additional pool for the children to play in.  Basically a family ship with two fairly small outdoor infinity type structures with a far bigger indoor pool (the roof only opened once in a fortnight) and on Iona exactly the same but with no opening roof.

2 hours ago, CruisingSarah said:

Why don't they make it an adult only pool?  This might help the issue somewhat.  I don't know, just thinking that adults might use the pool more for relaxing rather than playing as the kids understandably do.

When I went on Arvia I was surprised how little space is dedicated to pools. Well I suppose deck space in general seeing as though if you weren't up by 5-6am you wouldn't get a sunbed. Certainly not anywhere near the pools. I just don't think it would be feasible to not allow kids in the infinity pools. I mean there's only only 4 - you couldn't really have 400-500+ kids to 1 pool considering the forward one is adult only. Wouldn't be considered family friendly with 3 adult only pools - 4 if you include the swim up bar. Then 1 children's one in the dome

Edited by JDB78