Private Transport - Rome

BarbaraEH

I have seen a lot of mentions of Rome Cabs and Rome in Limo in this forum but both are already fully booked on the date we are to arrive in Rome in late October (we're arriving in Rome a few days before the cruise). I found good reviews of a couple of other services on TripAdvisor but wanted to also check here to see if anyone has used them. The ones I found on TripAdvisor were Mia Limo and LimousInRome. Apparently you book Mia Limo simply based on an email discussion and we're a little anxious about that. LimousInRome requires a deposit which is OK and possibly makes it seem like they are more likely to show up when we need them. Any other possibilities that anyone might offer would be appreciated too. Thanks!

Edited by BarbaraEH
forgot what forum I'm in so altered the message

I used Rome HABI Cabs, and highly recommend.  Yes, the booking was done all on-line, but I'm sure you could call them.  They were on time, and were good on responding to my messages, and pro-active in sending me reminders about both trips.  The did not require a depot, and method of payment was cash at time of service.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Girr said:

I used Rome HABI Cabs, and highly recommend.  Yes, the booking was done all on-line, but I'm sure you could call them.  They were on time, and were good on responding to my messages, and pro-active in sending me reminders about both trips.  The did not require a depot, and method of payment was cash at time of service.  

Looks like a possibility...thanks!

HI guys, I am trying to book for 2 transfers, from Airport to Rome Hotel , then couple of days later from hotel to Civitavecchia to board the ship.

I have been already recommended here Roma Cabs, I wrote to them explaining about the trips and my wheelchair (as couldn't find anywhere to add it, they do ask for pieces of luggage) but didn't get a reply yet.

I love the transparency in the site, they explain costs very very clear, I think it was either  PORT ROYAL or Pushpit  who recommended them to me?

Then in  yesterday I was a different thread in this area of the boards (can't remember what the thread tittle was), the recommendations were split between Roma Cabs and Rome Limo, or Rome in Limo can't remember exactly. Couldn't find the thread so I googled it (Rome Limo), but it turns out there are many combinations on Rome in Limousines or just Limo....

could someone give us the link for the one most of you have used?

I just looked up Bob's Limo (link in one of the firsts posts here)

prices are good, but would have to email or call to see about the wheelchair, and they make it for full online payment...

After reading the first few posts in this thread, I looked at the HABI and is the cheaper so far, plus he details @Girr mention are more than perfect .... I'm just looking for confirmation that I am in the right place and would love to know if any of you have used it recently?

so, just to confirm is this the service?

https://romehabicabs.com

Thanks in advance!!!

14 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

HI guys, I am trying to book for 2 transfers, from Airport to Rome Hotel , then couple of days later from hotel to Civitavecchia to board the ship.

I have been already recommended here Roma Cabs, I wrote to them explaining about the trips and my wheelchair (as couldn't find anywhere to add it, they do ask for pieces of luggage) but didn't get a reply yet.

I love the transparency in the site, they explain costs very very clear, I think it was either  PORT ROYAL or Pushpit  who recommended them to me?

Then in  yesterday I was a different thread in this area of the boards (can't remember what the thread tittle was), the recommendations were split between Roma Cabs and Rome Limo, or Rome in Limo can't remember exactly. Couldn't find the thread so I googled it (Rome Limo), but it turns out there are many combinations on Rome in Limousines or just Limo....

could someone give us the link for the one most of you have used?

I just looked up Bob's Limo (link in one of the firsts posts here)

prices are good, but would have to email or call to see about the wheelchair, and they make it for full online payment...

After reading the first few posts in this thread, I looked at the HABI and is the cheaper so far, plus he details @Girr mention are more than perfect .... I'm just looking for confirmation that I am in the right place and would love to know if any of you have used it recently?

so, just to confirm is this the service?

https://romehabicabs.com

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, this is the company I used - instead of booking for two I booked for three as you'll get a mini-van which I felt would be a better solution as my husband also travels with a collapsible motorized wheelchair.  The price difference was minimal as I didn't have to pay for extra luggage.  We used them in June going into Rome, and then in July going to the port.

Edited by Girr
Adding info.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question on Rome airport customs/clearance/luggage. Will be cruising with a friend - arriving separately at FCO approximately 11:30 am (on a Monday if that matters).  We plan to meet up at the airport and will pre-book a ride to our hotel.

The question is how long does it typically take to deplane, go through customs, pick up luggage etc?  While I know the transportation services typically ask for flight info for pickup, 2 of us coming from different countries/flights makes it a bit more complicated so I would like to be able to advise the company of a possible pick up time (later than usual/typical?).

Any input greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

P.S.  - any idea of a central meeting place in the airport/near baggage pickup also appreciated!