Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Downstairs they had dolls depicting the women.

men would pick from the dolls. When a man went up the respective doll was placed On its back for 15 minutes.

IMG_3447.jpeg

IMG_3446.jpeg

So what did the doll do for the other 10 minutes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

Built 1897 opened 1898
15k men in Skagway and 300 working women
$5/15 mins

5 x $1 coins were given to the girl at the beginning and dropped into a slot at the end. When the bartender heard the coins and saw the man return he would take the respective doll off of its back. 

there is one surviving coin slot but the photo did not come out. It was right there.

IMG_3538.jpeg

• Like 12

On 8/31/2023 at 12:28 PM, Saint Greg said:

Since we are into the college football season I am curious if this sport 21 being the only sports channel on this ship is typical of NCL or is it only because the ship is operating between Seward and Vancouver? 

I know we had it on my Venezia transatlantic but they said once it got to NYC the tv package would change and they would get all of the espn channels.

That would be awful.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:36 PM, Saint Greg said:

I think that’s the train that leaves from behind my airbnb

instead of the airport. Of course for me to take it on the same day I would’ve had to leave around 6am instead of 1pm and it would’ve cost almost twice as much.

But you would have arrived in Seward in time to take Kenai Fjords boat tour.  My favorite Alaska activity.

• Like 5

Awesome photos Greg, thanks for taking them and sharing.  

I had a thought as I was taking them in... I remember dropping film off and not even knowing what was on the roll and it took at least a week.  Not to mention Grandpa's slides... LOL.  Many of them in Alaska as his brother relocated there.  Anyway, thanks for being such a good photographer and sharing details.  The miracle of a live review.

Edited by balcony bound
typo
  • Like 15

1 minute ago, quack2 said:

But you would have arrived in Seward in time to take Kenai Fjords boat tour.  My favorite Alaska activity.

I’ll do that another time. Probably next time. But walking on a glacier without having to take a helicopter to it has been on my list. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Where did you buy the brothel tour? Inside Red Onion? I have nothing planned for Skagway and this sounds interesting. 

I actually added it to my bar tab but you can hand them $10 cash when they make the announcement 

• Like 6

Let’s get back to that brothel tour. I do have 2 of 3 sail away videos and a couple sled dog videos. If you subscribe to me on YouTube this is old info. Otherwise I’ll add them here through out the evening as i feel they best

flow with this thread 

• Like 6