NCL Prima Supermarket Sweep?

Motegi

Although I saw it mentioned in NCL’s press releases leading up to the launch of Prima I haven’t really seen or heard about it from actual passengers.  Surprisingly I don’t see any results when I search for videos of it on YouTube where I can find practically everything else Prima related.

Are they still running this game show onboard?  If so how do they do it?  I would assume that they don’t install an entire grocery store on stage for the game show. 

Thanks in advance for any info regarding the above. 

We were booked on one of Prima’s first sailings to Iceland last year but switched to Star when they dropped the Ireland stops from Prima’s itinerary. 

I'm sailing Prima in October and my "what's on board" shows Price is Right instead of Supermarket Sweep. There aren't any videos on YouTube because you're not allowed to take pictures or video during the show (& apparently they're pretty strict about it). I've seen a few cruise reviews on YouTube where they go to the show & then after the show. People have said it's fun.

• Thanks 1

They never did Supermarket Sweep on the Prima, only The Price is Right. I believe they have planned to have each of the games shows on the various Leonardo class ships but not all of them on one ship. Viva will be having Press Your Luck so at some point Supermarket Sweep may show up on a 3rd or 4th ship.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/19/2023 at 12:54 PM, dexddd said:

Prima advertised three or four of those type shows but how many actually happened?  Last fall they kept moving times around and changing things or not having at all.

I think Prima was only intended to "debut the game show series" not to have all the game shows. Press Your Luck is on Viva, and Wheel of Fortune has now appeared on Escape. Maybe Aqua will get Supermarket Sweep?

indeed, when originally conceived, the prima was supposed to have four game shows, but, in the end, they opted for just one...  the price is right. i'm not sure the original plans were ever publicly announced. the cruise director on my may prima sailing confirmed that they had initially planned for four when i was providing feedback to her about the price is right,.  essentially, i told her the price is right was very well done, but  it wasn't really cruise ship entertainment. and her response was, "well, you have no idea how bad it could have been. there were originally  supposed to be four game shows on board."

i don't remember them all, but i think i posted them in my prima review. one was "press your luck." i think another might have been "wheel of fortune." sadly, they are slowly introducing these shows on other ships.

How is it possible to recreate a supermarket on a cruise ship stage? Running around with shopping carts up and down aisles? I don't see it.

Maybe this version of Supermarket Sweep will have a set resembling the backdrop of a Safeway and all of the contestants get brooms to see who can do the best clean-up on Aisle 6.

• Like 1