Scooter hire on European cruises

killarneylady

I was just wondering anyone had hired a scooter or knee scooter when on a Med cruise with different departure and arrival ports.( Athens/Ravenna)  I can’t seem to find any info on this online. I don’t imagine it’s possible butjust in case anyone had any  suggestions? Thanks 

You didn't say which cruise line you will be on, but first of all doublecheck with your cruiseline (their Access or Special Needs Dept) regarding which mobility company(ies) they allow; this information should be on their website.  

Then contact the mobility company(ies) your cruise line allows to see if they can accommodate you.    Both scootaround.com and specialneedsatsea.com rent mobility equipment in Europe and are mentioned frequently on this board.  

Note:  a poster on another thread wrote that scootaround.com did not have rentals in Ravenna but I'd verify this.    

Plan B might be to purchase your own scooter or knee scooter and take it with you.   

If you buy/rent a scooter, make sure that it will fit through your stateroom door.  You may need an accessible stateroom.   

• 3 weeks later...