spa main pool

Christmas-Tree

The pool in the spa looks like an "endless pool" where you can swim against an artificial current.  Is it?  (I like to swim and have always wanted to try an endless pool.)   

Thank you...we're looking forward to our first cruise on Sept 7th, Alaska and the Inside Passage.  

1 hour ago, Christmas-Tree said:

The pool in the spa looks like an "endless pool" where you can swim against an artificial current.  Is it?  (I like to swim and have always wanted to try an endless pool.)   

Thank you...we're looking forward to our first cruise on Sept 7th, Alaska and the Inside Passage.  

It’s a thermal pool, not as hot as the hot tub, & has powerful jets. Not really for swimming, but it’s extremely relaxing. 🛁

• Like 1

I  beg to differ here.  Yes it is a current which one can swim against.  You won't have enough room to do the crawl more then a stroke or two but you can certainly tread water with the breast stroke for exercise and aerobics.   The strong jets are at the head of the pool opposite the entrance stairs.  Most people make their way to the jets where there is a long bench for sitting and being massaged by the water action.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

I  beg to differ here.  Yes it is a current which one can swim against.  You won't have enough room to do the crawl more then a stroke or two but you can certainly tread water with the breast stroke for exercise and aerobics.   The strong jets are at the head of the pool opposite the entrance stairs.  Most people make their way to the jets where there is a long bench for sitting and being massaged by the water action.

I agree...if you swim gently you can swim against the current but you are not going to do a full crawl stroke. I really love the thermal pool though!

• Like 1

It is a Large hot tub.

Looking at a picture, the far end of it , the side away from the steps has a metal grate approx. 4' out from the wall.  The depth is approx 5'. With all jets operating you may be able to do a doggie paddle,,,, for maybe 3 '. 

That said, It is a great place to relax.   Note: no pool onboard will allow more than 1 stroke or maybe 2. 

Happy sailing

Edited by Ray4Fun
  • Like 2

Just off Saturn and I assisted several shorter smaller ladies make their way to the curvilinear bench as the flow was so strong they couldn't get there.  So if you're not tall and a terribly strong swimmer I suspect one could use it as an endless pool. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just off Saturn and I assisted several shorter smaller ladies make their way to the curvilinear bench as the flow was so strong they couldn't get there.  So if you're not tall and a terribly strong swimmer I suspect one could use it as an endless pool. 

LOL now that would be me.  First time in that pool i did the doggie paddle then the breast stroke but was just swimming in place.  Then i learned there was also a bench along the right side that i could grab on to or sit upon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2