Have you used Luggage Forward from home to Cabin?

MrsPeel55

I know many have stated using them, but it will take me hours to find the posts (as I am almost sure was within other subjects apart from one post from someone (if I am not mistaken) based in Australia which I can't find now, would be grateful for answers, so thanks so much in advance.

Main thing is:

has any of you had problems? or have heard of luggage not arriving to the ship before embarkation/sailing?

We live in Central London, I thought the price is a bit stiff but after thinking through the fact that we need to get to Heathrow, then from Fiumicino to hotel, hotel to ship with not just the luggage but my manual wheelchair, it will be costing more or less the same, so, once again, hugely grateful in advance for any feedback. 

10 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

I know many have stated using them, but it will take me hours to find the posts (as I am almost sure was within other subjects apart from one post from someone (if I am not mistaken) based in Australia which I can't find now, would be grateful for answers, so thanks so much in advance.

Main thing is:

has any of you had problems? or have heard of luggage not arriving to the ship before embarkation/sailing?

We live in Central London, I thought the price is a bit stiff but after thinking through the fact that we need to get to Heathrow, then from Fiumicino to hotel, hotel to ship with not just the luggage but my manual wheelchair, it will be costing more or less the same, so, once again, hugely grateful in advance for any feedback. 

Luggage from London Home or Hotel to Heathrow?   Use  https://airportr.com/en/

They collect luggage from origin (Home or Hotel), check in all luggage with airline, weigh, fit security seals etc and tracked.  Then one just rocks up to Airport Security with hand luggage only.  Simples……..

Consider a method of Home to Hotel

We used

https://send.dhlparcel.co.uk/resources/sending-luggage-abroad - no problems with tracking online

Friends have used - with no problems

https://www.sendmybag.com/en-au/quote?gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk5KYyZvrgAMVOZFoCR3ZAQcXEAAYASADEgLvUvD_BwE

https://www.mybaggage.com/shipping/luggage-to-europe/

Thanks @Victoria2 & @PORT ROYAL

🙂

I will have a look at the others,

I got a quote from Luggage Forward pick up home> deliver to cruise ship, otherwise would be useless for us, we can have help from home to Heathrow, what is problematic for us is the Fiumicino to hotel- then hotel to Civitavecchia with two heavy suitcases, two cabin ones plus me in the manual wheelchair, then getting from wherever the train or bus would leave us and making our way to Cunard's terminal/ check in place (which we haven't got a clue right now, may night to get a cab?) 

I remember looking at Luggage Forward when I first came ti the boards, I am almost sure it was you @PORT ROYAL who gave me the links among other superb info, so thanks again! 🙂

2 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

Thanks @Victoria2 & @PORT ROYAL

🙂

I will have a look at the others,

I got a quote from Luggage Forward pick up home> deliver to cruise ship, otherwise would be useless for us, we can have help from home to Heathrow, what is problematic for us is the Fiumicino to hotel- then hotel to Civitavecchia with two heavy suitcases, two cabin ones plus me in the manual wheelchair, then getting from wherever the train or bus would leave us and making our way to Cunard's terminal/ check in place (which we haven't got a clue right now, may night to get a cab?) 

I remember looking at Luggage Forward when I first came ti the boards, I am almost sure it was you @PORT ROYAL who gave me the links among other superb info, so thanks again! 🙂

Airport to Hotel?
Hotel to Port?
Ask Rome Cabs for both transport legs.   https://www.romecabs.com/contact-us.html
They have many years of experience, also probably the best, therefore, they must have vehicles to fully suit one’s specific requirements.   A personal favourite.

Footnote:

Think you’re are going to be the best informed “first time” person in the history of Cunard.😉

Enjoy….

• Haha 1

@PORT ROYAL LOL

Thank God for that!!!! 

I have mentioned many times how grateful I am to you guys for all the info.

Honestly,

The fact that so many of you are willing to help is already points up to Cunard from where I see it, we did considered other lines but came to the conclusion Cunard, though being more expensive, was exactly what we want, I wasn't looking for forums with people to answer my questions when I found these boards, I googled Cunard balcony cabins and found it, reading the extensive knowledge and willingness to help, as I said, put the company on ever higher ground.

I will have a look at the link for the cabs, thanks again.

Thing is, when I looked for price from Fiumicino to the hotel the quote was £70 but that was for a normal car, in London our usual guy (who would help us with taking the cases to the check in) his car would take one case & wheelchair in the boot and one suitcase has to go in either front seat or one of us in front seat and the other suitcase in the back sit with one of us.then there are the cabin suitcases. That would mean paying the cab fare which is usually £70 to £90. Then I will have to give a tip to this guy plus pay his parking short stay fee, which if I am not mistaken we payed almost £15 when we took my brother to Heathrow last time (May).

Then say there is another £70 or more from Fiumicino to Hotel, plus tip to whoever helps us, sometimes the airport assistance people will come with us to a taxi, but not always they would lift the cases... Same at the arrival at hotel.

We will be very near Termini and were going to grab a bus but then the train is a fiver (£5) to Civitavecchia. I assume then we will need to grab a cab to the Port Terminal.... if you take into account that Luggage Forward quoted me US$438 which translates into £340 give or take..... 

Having said that.....

All the info you  have given me before has been actually wonderful, so I will go in a bit to look at the Roma cabs link, it maybe that will work on more or less the same, and we wont have to freak out about the cases not arriving before sailing!

Once again, THANK YOU so so very much EVERYONE here @ Cruise Critic, the articles I have read and the posts you all make,  ALL of you who have helped and answered my questions and shared your experiences from onboard.

I know I''m a bit of a pain and talk/type a lot  🤣 

but not only one of the main things I have learned in my almost 65 years off life is that prevention is better than cure & knowledge is power, but also, worry not, very little to go, you wont have anymore typing from me very soon.

Once again, thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL LOL

Thank God for that!!!! 

Honestly,

The fact that so many of you are willing to help is already points up to Cunard from where I see it, we did considered other lines but came to the conclusion Cunard, though being more expensive, was exactly what we want, I wasn't looking for forums with people to answer my questions when I found these boards, I googled Cunard balcony cabins and found it, reading the extensive knowledge and willingness to help, as I said, put the company on ever higher ground.

Thing is, when I looked for price from Fiumicino to the hotel the quote was £70 but that was for a normal car, in London our usual guy (who would help us with taking the cases to the check in) his car would take one case & wheelchair in the boot and one suitcase has to go in either front seat or one of us in front seat and the other suitcase in the back sit with one of us.then there are the cabin suitcases. That would mean paying the cab fare which is usually £70 to £90. Then I will have to give a tip to this guy plus pay his parking short stay fee, which if I am not mistaken we payed almost £15 when we took my brother to Heathrow last time (May).

Then say there is another £70 or more from Fiumicino to Hotel, plus tip to whoever helps us, sometimes the airport assistance people will come with us to a taxi, but not always they would lift the cases... Same at the arrival at hotel.

We will be very near Termini and were going to grab a bus but then the train is a fiver (£5) to Civitavecchia. I assume then we will need to grab a cab to the Port Terminal.... if you take into account that Luggage Forward quoted me US$438 which translates into £340 give or take..... 

Having said that.....

All the info you  have given me before has been actually wonderful, so I will go in a bit to look at the Roma cabs link, it maybe that will work on more or less the same, and we wont have to freak out about the cases not arriving before sailing!

Once again, THANK YOU so so very much EVERYONE here @ Cruise Critic, the articles I have read and the posts you all make,  ALL of you who have helped and answered my questions and shared your experiences from onboard.

but not only one of the main things I have learned in my almost 65 years off life is that prevention is better than cure & knowledge is power, but also, worry not, very little to go, you wont have anymore typing from me very soon.

Once again, thank you.

Note regarding trains.

It’ll have to be a cab from hotel to Station.  There are no Porters to assist.  
The access to the train is up a steep flight of short steps (think ladder), then load luggage and chair, then find a vacant seat dragging all the cases and chair, then there is a problem with stowing cases, as the storage areas with line of sight from a seat fill quickly, gangways are narrow, with overheads narrow. Your party may not find seats together.

On arrival at Civi Station more angst etc etc.

Take a Cab from Hotel to Civi Port, arrive in style and totally relaxed.

Questions are there to be answered.  Ask away, CC members are happy to help.

One’s Rome Hotel will know where the nearest off-licence is for the purchase of GROG supplies.

For interest, the barrels of Rum used to be marked GROG, which was given to stand for George Rex Old Grenadian.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Grog
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Note regarding trains.

It’ll have to be a cab from hotel to Station.  There are no Porters to assist.  
The access to the train is up a steep flight of short steps (think ladder), then load luggage and chair, then find a vacant seat dragging all the cases and chair, then there is a problem with stowing cases, as the storage areas with line of sight from a seat fill quickly, gangways are narrow, with overheads narrow. Your party may not find seats together.

On arrival at Civi Station more angst etc etc.

Take a Cab from Hotel to Civi Port, arrive in style and totally relaxed.

Questions are there to be answered.  Ask away, CC members are happy to help.

One’s Rome Hotel will know where the nearest off-licence is for the purchase of GROG supplies.

For interest, the barrels of Rum used to be marked GROG, which was given to stand for George Rex Old Grenadian.

thanks, yes, that is why I re-consider the using Luggage Forward. 

When you guys first pointed out, we had seen it in the Cunard website but only went into the LF site after you guys told us here.

At first, my daughter complained and insisted we always get help from airports assistance and she would be willing to find a way if I gave her instead the money/gave her a mini cruise for her birthday.

That was until we realised the amount of luggage we will have and started making calculations.

My only reluctance is that we had airlines lost our luggage more than once, and the anxiety I suffered, both when my daughter was a toddler and I was not using any walking aids, and after, which made me feel even more powerless and angry... 

That's why I was looking into feed back from people who have used the Luggage Forward company, £340/350 is a good price to have the 2 22kg suitcases delivered from my home to the ship......actually wonderful price, even if we decide to do a bus instead of the train (there are buses for 13 Euros onward, is an hour, easy to do if we have no big luggage, I' am not a full time wheelchair user) or even if we decide to take the cab which, granted, is a much much better option..... I'm just trying to make a decision and keep doubting myself...

Thanks for the info, once again!!!!!

7 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL LOL

Thank God for that!!!! 

Honestly,

Having said that.....

Once again, thank you.

I can so identify with what Mrs. Peel55 said to you all!  We've cruised for nearly 15 years on another line but DH suggested, after at lot of research, that Cunard looked like a good fit for us.  So I started asking my Newbie questions and avidly reading (nightly) all the great information and opinions you all provide on this Board!  You are all positive/constructive in your comments and don't belittle any poster.  (I can't say the same for the Board of the line we cruised with for so many years.). So I want to add my heartfelt thanks to you all.  Cunard is where we sail going forward.

• Like 2

Good afternoon Mrs Peel. It's 'someone from Australia' here!

I have used Luggage Forward only once but for a long trip home for my suitcase. It was from ship to home in Australia and worked brilliantly. If I understand you clearly what you want is convenience and this is the sort of service you require. It ultimately relies on the quality of service at each handling of the luggage and particularly at your final destination. Given the final destination in your case is the ship, it's very important so you'd be relying on Luggage Forward's agent in Roma getting it right. Personally, I would google reviews of experiences of 'Luggage Forward Rome ship delivery reviews' if I were you but in general my experience with the company was very good and superbly convenient. It is not cheap but convenience is often not.

I have also used airportr from an address in London to check in at Heathrow but that's of limited use to you in your circumstances.

PS I did a quick search - limited information particular to Italy/Roma but here's a page of reviews including some to Europe. For what it's worth, I wouldn't hestitate to use them again.

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/luggageforward.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Good afternoon Mrs Peel. It's 'someone from Australia' here!

I have used Luggage Forward only once but for a long trip home for my suitcase. It was from ship to home in Australia and worked brilliantly. If I understand you clearly what you want is convenience and this is the sort of service you require. It ultimately relies on the quality of service at each handling of the luggage and particularly at your final destination. Given the final destination in your case is the ship, it's very important so you'd be relying on Luggage Forward's agent in Roma getting it right. Personally, I would google reviews of experiences of 'Luggage Forward Rome ship delivery reviews' if I were you but in general my experience with the company was very good and superbly convenient. It is not cheap but convenience is often not.

I have also used airportr from an address in London to check in at Heathrow but that's of limited use to you in your circumstances.

PS I did a quick search - limited information particular to Italy/Roma but here's a page of reviews including some to Europe. For what it's worth, I wouldn't hestitate to use them again.

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/luggageforward.com

Hey "Someone from Australia!!!!! LOL

I did remember looking at the price for the other company you gave

Thank you so much for this ❤️ 

I thought I would get a more honest opinion here, but you are right, I will go have a look at Trust Pilot... when shopping Amazon Prime, I have a look at the negative reviews first, I'll have a look at there, the difference in the amount of money we would be spending if we travel with the cases makes Luggage Forward not that expensive at all, but the uncertainty, especially being first sailing with Cunard, makes it difficult to make my mind up!!

16 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

@PORT ROYAL LOL

Thank God for that!!!! 

Honestly,

Having said that.....

Once again, thank you.

Just want to second the recommendation of RomeCabs. I have used them many times over the years, and will be using them again next week. To clarify for you, RomeCabs is a private car and driver service (as opposed to a taxi/cab service) with an excellent reputation, they also offer some private tours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@terry&mike thanks 🙂

Yes, I had a look at the link last night, love it that they have precise info to go with prices, it seems reasonable price if you compare that other searches quoted us average 130 Euros for a normal taxi, we will definitely use them if we take the suitcases with us 🙂

• Like 1