What wines are on the new "Simply More" plan?

zteamtwo

Thank you LHT28.  I see you are on Vista in Sep.  Are you sailing under the "Simply More" plan? If yes, can you verify those wine choices for the free beverage basic package that is included? Appreciate it.

You must upgrade and pay quite a bit to get mixed drinks.  HOWEVER,  bring some miniature bottles of your favorite liquor or full size bottle and there will be free mixers in your refrig.Soda, Tonic, Coke Sprite, etc.  Only drink this in your cabin and then have the free wine or beer or champagne at dinner or lunch.  THIS IS A GREAT BONUS ON OCEANIA. Most cruise lines--DO NOT BRING ANY LIQUOR ON BOARD! 

29 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

Thank you LHT28.  I see you are on Vista in Sep.  Are you sailing under the "Simply More" plan? If yes, can you verify those wine choices for the free beverage basic package that is included? Appreciate it.

Not sure what the question is. Do you just want to see the wine by the glass menu? There is only one wine list for everyone, not a separate one for the SM package.

There will be people sailing into early 2025 still on the original OLife package. The wine by the glass and beer list included in the package is the same.

47 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

SM starts Oct 1st   

AFAIK   we  cannot get SM  ...time will tell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

Correct.  You would have to upgrade the House Select under SM to get mixed drinks. 

I think you meant you need to upgrade to the Prestige Package for mixed drinks to be included and all alcoholic drinks available any time.  At the present time, it is $30.00 per person, per day to upgrade from the House Select (which is the same alcoholic offerings as SM) to the Prestige Package.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basor said:

I think you meant you need to upgrade to the Prestige Package for mixed drinks to be included and all alcoholic drinks available any time.  At the present time, it is $30.00 per person, per day to upgrade from the House Select (which is the same alcoholic offerings as SM) to the Prestige Package.

Well, I didn’t say you would have to upgrade ‘to’ the House Select. I stated you’d have to upgrade ‘the’ House Select under SM to get the mixed drinks. 

Just now, EJL2023 said:

Well, I didn’t say you would have to upgrade ‘to’ the House Select. I stated you’d have to upgrade ‘the’ House Select under SM to get the mixed drinks. 

I apologize for misreading your comment...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Since the Simply More plan doesn't begin until October 1st, I'm not sure that anyone can definitively say what wines will be included and poured as part of that plan.

From the T&Cs https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms

"simply MORE Champagne, Wine, and More amenity is the House Select beverage package..."

The House Select beverage package is tried and true (until it's not 😉 )

Edit: unless you meant the specific individual wines are not known...then, never mind

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

From the T&Cs https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms

"simply MORE Champagne, Wine, and More amenity is the House Select beverage package..."

The House Select beverage package is tried and true (until it's not 😉 )

Edit: unless you meant the specific individual wines are not known...then, never mind

Indeed, I think that you figured out what I meant -- we don't know the exact wines that will be poured once the Simply More plan is enacted.  They may be the same as the ones currently in the House Select beverage package, but they might not be the same.  We can only wait and see.  I will be aboard Regatta beginning October 4, so I will have an answer at that time.

• Like 1

Just now, vlthom said:

Indeed, I think that you figured out what I meant -- we don't know the exact wines that will be poured once the Simply More plan is enacted.  They may be the same as the ones currently in the House Select beverage package, but they might not be the same.  We can only wait and see.  I will be aboard Regatta beginning October 4, so I will have an answer at that time.

Since there will be many people onboard still using the OLife perk they previously booked under, the wine by the glass menu will be the same for both guests sailing under SM or under Olife....they are not going to have 2 separate "wine by the glass" menus....now the wine by the glass menu does change as Oceania wine purchases change.   

2 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Since the ships won’t magically run out of wine inventory on 10/1, we know they’ll be pouring what they have on hand, which is likely to be identical to the wine list on 9/30.

If you look at vintages, some of the wines poured this past year were acquired pre Covid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Since the ships won’t magically run out of wine inventory on 10/1, we know they’ll be pouring what they have on hand, which is likely to be identical to the wine list on 9/30.

If you look at vintages, some of the wines poured this past year were acquired pre Covid.

Good point.  When I was aboard Marina in June/July, it was clear that they were reducing old stock on hand and not replenishing things that had been on the wine list previously -- at least not at that time.  I guess that my point was that it remains to be seen what wines will be part of the "included list" on the Simply More plan.  And surely, it will change over time.  And telling someone what's part of a beverage package now, doesn't mean that it will be part of the plan a few months from now.  

We board Vista on the 29SEP so can tell you if the "wine by the glass" menu changes on 01OCT .....we  are doing a B2B2B so can keep track if there are any major changes to the menu when guest embark under SM...my guess is that we will see no difference except O running out of certain vintages and replacing with recent purchases.  We are just glad that there will be choices and not a "pour of the day" for the included wines.

• Like 2