Purchase Air Through NCL

slavetoabunny

17 hours ago, SeaWatcher65 said:

I never booked flights with NCL but wondered how much choice I'd have.  I want to fly in a few days before and definitely want non-stop flights.  I suppose with NCL, there's no guarantee or much choice about flights.  Any positive experiences?

Non stop will be determined by where you are flying out of & into. I am in LA & there are numerous non stops to London so I am 99% sure I am going to get direct which I always have. Check the flight schedule from you to cruise destination & see what flights are available & it will give you an idea of what you will get. If there are direct flights for the cost close to stopovers they will most likely give you those. 

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Is that true? I didn't know that. I'm currently shopping for travel insurance and wasn't aware those items would be refunded. Thanks for pointing that out!

The tripinsurancestore.com has told me not to include any refundable fee like port charges & anything prepaid because those will be refunded. You do not have to insure those costs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

If you go to forums at the top of the page there is a thread where Steve from Insurance Store answers questions. He seems to be very knowledgeable about cruise trip insurance. Maybe he has actually read all 150 pages of fine print. I can't seem to get past page 7.

Steve is really great. I like him a lot. We've insured our past two cruises with him. I sent him an email yesterday going over our expenses and asking how much coverage we needed. It's tricky sometimes: the last time I had a claim, the insurance company wanted to know if I had any other insurance I could claim in addition to the company's. No, but this time I might, since we have private medical insurance and also get a little bit of trip cancellation/delay coverage through the credit card I used to pay for our cruise and airline tickets. It can be confusing.

Edited by DCGuy64

18 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

The tripinsurancestore.com has told me not to include any refundable fee like port charges & anything prepaid because those will be refunded. You do not have to insure those costs.

Thank you, I'll mention that to Steve when I speak with him.

3 hours ago, Uff da said:

Again, it is dependent on your insurance, if you have it, and if you cancel for a covered reason. They don't just refund out of the kindness of their heart. 
We can debate this all day long, but the only one who can answer it is NCL and even they don't always tell you the right answer. 

You can always cancel an excursion 48 hours in advance.  It has absolutely nothing to do with insurance.

On 8/22/2023 at 2:09 PM, destar said:

Wow, NCL booked their flights, sold them travel insurance, but told them that if they missed their cruise because of flight delay, they aren't covered.

I always get to departure port 1-3 days before the cruise. I don't let anybody select my flights, no matter how good of a deal it is, they look for the cheapest options and at the end it can cost you a lot more money. I like selecting the most convenient/direct flights. I don't want to be checking in a pre-booked hotel at 3 o'clock in the morning.

As for travel insurance, I have an annual policy with Allianz, it covers all my trips including flights for a year and has a great medical coverage if needed.

I agree with everything you said but your last line intrigued me!  When I tried to buy an annual travel insurance policy I was told that they could not be sold to New York State residents???  I would love to buy one.  Wondering if you have a second address in another state you used to do this?

58 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

When I tried to buy an annual travel insurance policy I was told that they could not be sold to New York State residents???  I would love to buy one.  Wondering if you have a second address in another state you used to do this?

Go to Allianz website, click on get a quote for annual travel insurance, they do sell in their annual insurance to NY state residents. You can add a 2nd traveler to the quote and customize it.

2 hours ago, destar said:

Go to Allianz website, click on get a quote for annual travel insurance, they do sell in their annual insurance to NY state residents. You can add a 2nd traveler to the quote and customize it.

Thank you so much!  It looks like I was misinformed.  I will definitely be buying an annual policy going forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Thank you so much!  It looks like I was misinformed.  I will definitely be buying an annual policy going forward.

What you cannot buy in NY State is CFAR insurance. The NY state Insurance Commissioner has ruled that this is not really insurance as it does not cover a risk. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

They have 3 different policy, basic, premier and executive. You can increase trip cancellation coverage on premier and executive but be aware that premier is per policy while executive is per insured per year. Also review the plans details pdf. Happy cruising!

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

What you cannot buy in NY State is CFAR insurance. The NY state Insurance Commissioner has ruled that this is not really insurance as it does not cover a risk. 

Yes, this is definitely true.  I can follow the logic of that but it is yet another (minor) reason to leave NYC, lol.  Hey, if I want to buy something and a legit company is willing to sell it to me then I feel their interference is simply an annoyance.