No Whole Tomatoes

swjumbo

On 8/22/2023 at 9:04 AM, 1025cruise said:

I don't understand, what would one do with a whole tomato? For a salad, I would expect it to be cut into a manageable piece. For a burger, I would expect to receive a slice.

They’re handy to take to the theater in case you don’t like the show.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I hear Equinox is testing out an upcharge of $1 per tomato if you want a whole round tomato.  Seeing if it will go fleet-wide. 😀

Is there a 20c per tomato service charged for having it handed to you and does this increase if you request for the tomato to be sliced. Maybe per slice ?

On 8/22/2023 at 8:10 AM, swjumbo said:

It’s the small cherry tomatoes or even a small whole beet but everything is chopped. As I said it’s first world problems!!!!

Chemmo, we’ll do that for you in Tuscan this evening! X

You are right, it is a 1st World Problem considering all you have to do is Ask for More…..considering how much is wasted by us 1st Worlders. 

And I bet if really wanting a nice whole cherry tomato (or 2ish), you just ask and the staff will accommodate and will remember and do again. But this is one Ive not actually tried. 

Agree on how X handles kids. Love it. Our kids loved and now our grandkids love Celebrity…..but they dont need climbing walls and surf boarding (lines for those are usually longer than it takes to Do them).

And if I want to ‘enjoy’ Central Park, I’ll go to NYC. I cruise for the ship experience, not fake venues. But I did enjoy the full Broadway plays RC ships have. 

Den

21 hours ago, Denny01 said:

You are right, it is a 1st World Problem considering all you have to do is Ask for More…..considering how much is wasted by us 1st Worlders. 

And I bet if really wanting a nice whole cherry tomato (or 2ish), you just ask and the staff will accommodate and will remember and do again. But this is one Ive not actually tried. 

Agree on how X handles kids. Love it. Our kids loved and now our grandkids love Celebrity…..but they dont need climbing walls and surf boarding (lines for those are usually longer than it takes to Do them).

And if I want to ‘enjoy’ Central Park, I’ll go to NYC. I cruise for the ship experience, not fake venues. But I did enjoy the full Broadway plays RC ships have. 

Den

Hi Den.  Where have you been?  I have missed your intelligent comments here!

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks TeeRick…..Ive stepped away a bit. Got too tied up with ‘cheeky’ responses sometimes and it seemed the threads here had become a list of complaints as cruising recovers from the Pandemic. So Ive backed off a bit, but I’ll be getting more into it once things become more ‘fun’ to talk on.

We seem to forget this is about vacationing and enjoying instead of us trying to run businesses we know little about, at least on the actual business side. For example. Ive not spent much time comparing pre-Pandemic and current pricing, but with the 75% off and my TA having group packages, the pricing Ive experienced is quite acceptable……and I dont worry too much about cherry tomatoes if their cut or not. Not a put down, just an observation of what is not interesting to me. It just leads into the ‘but you should see….’ And of course the threads with LISTS of complaints. That is soooo much fun to experience when planning on enjoying life. 

Enough. Im stepping into the cheap shots. Ive been more on the Roll Calls for my cruises. Since we will be meeting face-face there is much better level of discussions. 

But now you got me more interested in some of the threads here…..so watch out!

Den

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Now you’ve done it!! I was quiet for a good long time and I just posted a half dozen times. It’s a disease! 

Den

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NeroliGirl said:

** STOP PRESS **

Whole tomatoes spotted on the Silhouette today ……

IMG_4813.jpeg

IMG_4814.jpeg

Nothing new-- They always had them --

The funny part ( ok, to me ) was the thought of mentioning that " there are no whole tomatoes to be found!"-----  It's not a treasure hunt--- just ask for 'em ??

Why post something like that ??

Can you imagine the " fun " the Staff would have with that one at the Christmas party ??

Come to think of it, how could I forget --- anyone notice the size of the shrimps in the shrimp cocktails these days or how many olives there are in a salad? 

So, when I went to GR to complain, etc etc----( not even a plate of chocolate covered strawberries for that one ).

On 8/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, Pinboy said:

With due respect--

" Pre cut vegetables----No round tomatoes " ? So what ??

Your photos look very good--- especially the salad bar.

"fellow guests are complaining about main dining". ?

There are always people complaining about food.

When the Servers come by to check on the dinner, they should ask " Is anything ok " ?  instead of " Is everything ok "?

Nice to hear about the well behaved children.

"The staff, as always, are exceptional and we still love Celebrity! X "

I couldn't have said it better !!!

100%!

• Thanks 1