Cancelled equinox sailings from redeploy - anyone get their OBC?

Shiba_Lover

For those that were on the cancelled Equinox sailings due to the ship being redeployed from South America to the Caribbean... The email we got implied we were getting OBC (200 or 400 based on cabin).

Has anyone received any follow up on this explaining how we would apply this to a booking?

Just now, Shiba_Lover said:

For those that were on the cancelled Equinox sailings due to the ship being redeployed from South America to the Caribbean... The email we got implied we were getting OBC (200 or 400 based on cabin).

Has anyone received any follow up on this explaining how we would apply this to a booking?

You only get the OBC if you book a cruise by August 29 

so it is probably applied after you book 

13 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You only get the OBC if you book a cruise by August 29 

so it is probably applied after you book 

I booked one because I liked an itinerary and could not find similar except a (21 night on Oceania, which was a bit too long) - but it was not applied.  I asked about it and they told me to send them the email - which I did.  Still not applied.  Guess I will need to call (AGAIN)l.

2 minutes ago, Shiba_Lover said:

I booked one because I liked an itinerary and could not find similar except a (21 night on Oceania, which was a bit too long) - but it was not applied.  I asked about it and they told me to send them the email - which I did.  Still not applied.  Guess I will need to call (AGAIN)l.

I haven’t really found anything I want to do with Celebrity within my price range 

I've had positive experiences filling out and emailing the Best Price Guarantee form.  In your case, write a brief note explaining that promised OBC hasn't been applied to your sailing. I've generally had an email response within 24 hours or less and it beats waiting on hold on the phone. 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I haven’t really found anything I want to do with Celebrity within my price range 

This one was interesting.  India / Sri Lanka / Singapore 14 nights.  I used to work in India and Singapore.  But my husband has never been.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CunucuMom said:

I've had positive experiences filling out and emailing the Best Price Guarantee form.  In your case, write a brief note explaining that promised OBC hasn't been applied to your sailing. I've generally had an email response within 24 hours or less and it beats waiting on hold on the phone. 

And it gives you a written paper trail.

• Like 1

OK - so here's how it works - at the end of this month (August) - Celebrity sends an email to everyone with a code.  When you get the code - you call in to apply the code to your sailing.  Now why they could not just put this info in the email is a bit odd.  Seems it would save people time in trying to figure it out.

• Like 2

Just now, Homestyle said:

So, do I get a double payment? We booked the Equinox trip on the back of an Eclipse redeployment and now this trip has been cancelled also. So should that not mean we are due 2 x USD200 OBCs.

If you get two codes - I guess yes. - one for each rebooking.

@Homestyle Used to be that these good will gesture OBC's would reapplied to the reservation if you were to move it.

If it were me I wouldn't wait until they cancel these reservations.  I'd try to have them moved to your new  desired sailing (with no penalty of course if it's NRD).   Then you can ask that they retain the old good will gesture OBC and add the new one.    You were inconvenienced twice.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

@Homestyle Used to be that these good will gesture OBC's would reapplied to the reservation if you were to move it.

If it were me I wouldn't wait until they cancel these reservations.  I'd try to have them moved to your new  desired sailing (with no penalty of course if it's NRD).   Then you can ask that they retain the old good will gesture OBC and add the new one.    You were inconvenienced twice.

Thank you. Yes, I may have done this in the past. This booking cost my 60% more than the Eclipse cancelled booking. I'm not prepared to pay even more for a new one. I have a Christmas trip coming up on the Millennium. There has been so many negative comments about changes, that i think I'll wait and see if I will be sailing Celebrity again after that.