Breakaway Haven forward penthouse suite on deck 11 or courtyard penthouse on deck 16

I am booked in the Haven on deck 16 across from the Haven restaurant in a courtyard penthouse suite in February 2024.  The room is nice but it is set up like a hotel room all in one space.  The separate bathroom has a tub shower combo.  If I move to deck 11 into a Forward Penthouse suite will I have a designated butler with the same service as deck 16? The reason I would move is the separate living room space with a door separating the bedroom.  The bathroom also has a separate tub from the shower.  I wake up earlier than my husband and it is nice to read in the living room and not wake him with lights.  Any input is appreciated.

24 minutes ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

I am booked in the Haven on deck 16 across from the Haven restaurant in a courtyard penthouse suite in February 2024.  The room is nice but it is set up like a hotel room all in one space.  The separate bathroom has a tub shower combo.  If I move to deck 11 into a Forward Penthouse suite will I have a designated butler with the same service as deck 16? The reason I would move is the separate living room space with a door separating the bedroom.  The bathroom also has a separate tub from the shower.  I wake up earlier than my husband and it is nice to read in the living room and not wake him with lights.  Any input is appreciated.

We love the forward facing suites because of the space (separate living room) for less money. It is our Haven room of choice. Based on your description, I think it would work better for you. But, you need to make a conscious decision to journey up to the Haven complex multiple times a day (like breakfast, lunch, sundeck, and dinner). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

If I move to deck 11 into a Forward Penthouse suite will I have a designated butler with the same service as deck 16?

You will have a butler in both locations but in either location, the butler isn't just for you. Each butler has multiple staterooms to cover. 

The larger stateroom with separate living room/bedroom is a plus. 

Yes, really go with what you think is better.  There is the hike up.  We stayed on 16 and it was really quiet in the room areas outside the courtyard.  That being said, BA is not on my favorite ships list.

3 hours ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

The separate shower would almost be enough to convince.  I see no reason for bathtubs.

Regardless of  your choice, you might want to get an ereader like a kindle.  It's very easy to carry. Can contain an extremely large number of books.  It does not emit enough light to disturb your husband.   You can also change fonts and text sizes as you prefer.

This would be tough for me. In my experience,  I would price stalk for an upgrade possibility and bid on a 2-BR courtyard Haven instead in the event the price to upgrade outright was too high. Best of both worlds for your sitch. Here's my experience:

We did 16116 on Breakaway (the category you currently have).  Absolutely perfect location which is the only plus.  Hated the bath/tub combo. If you have back, knee, or hip issues, def not the stateroom for you. That tub is quite high to step in and out of. Not a great room for in suite dining. Painfully small balcony. 

We've not stayed in the FF PH Haven stateroom, but have done 9316 on Breakaway as well (Haven aft). Loved the balcony and living room. However, we literally packed a backpack to hang out in the Haven during the day. We love a pre-dinner drink in the Haven as well so we would factor that in to our day, while in 16116, we'd just stop at the bar on our way out. We needed to make a conscious decision to spend time in the Haven when in that aft cabin. 

The FF is at least forward like Haven proper is forward so not the hike we had from aft. So for you, i think i recommend Deck 11 in the FF if the 2BR is out of the picture.