Changing booked excursions

calvin81

I've just booked a Nov. 2023 cruise under Simply More. I have not used ship's excursions in the past, but my roll call activity is almost non existent. I have $1000 in excursion credit that I should start looking at booking. I'm hoping to meet people onboard, (who for whatever reason haven't been online in the roll call) and join some private tours. What is the policy on cancelling or changing excursions on O? Should I only book early ports in case I meet like minded people who will want to DIY later ports? Forgive me if this has been answered before. All categories are waitlisted so I'm assuming a full ship. 

4 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

I've just booked a Nov. 2023 cruise under Simply More. I have not used ship's excursions in the past, but my roll call activity is almost non existent. I have $1000 in excursion credit that I should start looking at booking. I'm hoping to meet people onboard, (who for whatever reason haven't been online in the roll call) and join some private tours. What is the policy on cancelling or changing excursions on O? Should I only book early ports in case I meet like minded people who will want to DIY later ports? Forgive me if this has been answered before. All categories are waitlisted so I'm assuming a full ship. 

I am a first timer; however, what I was told is that you can cancel over 3 days from the excursion.

9 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

Check your Guest Statement and shorex pdfs (if you don't have them, get them from your TA or O-rep) for the cancellation rules. I only have the old OLife, but there was a 2 weeks before embarkation deadline for OLife excursions. YWC 25% deadline was embarkation and a-l-carte deadline was 3 days before shorex.

From my Guest Contract p. 2 (NOT SM):

Cancellation of Ancillary Items
Description Policy Fee
Pre or Post Cruise Hotel Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Pre or Post Land Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Overland Tours Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Visa Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Executive Collection & Private Transfers Within 36 hours of scheduled arrangement 100% fee
A La Carte Shore Excursions Within 36 hours of excursion departure 100% fee
Shore Excurision Packages On or after Embarkation day 100% fee

Culinary, La Reserve & Privee Within 36 hours of scheduled reservation 100% fee
Custom Air Fee Once accepted 100% fee
Air Supplemental Fee Standard cancellation policy 100% fee
Waitlist bookings once cleared have 48 hours to cancel without penalty from time of clearance. If the cleared waitlist booking is not cancelled within this 48 hour period, normal cancellation fees will apply.

From my Guest Contract p. 4 (NOT SM):

"Amenities: Promotional and Oceania Club
Promotional amenities included on select cruises...OLife Choice free shore excursions ... If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing."

Look for the similar sections of your guest contract and on the first and last pages of your shorex pdf for the rules that apply to your booking.

3 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Check your Guest Statement and shorex pdfs (if you don't have them, get them from your TA or O-rep) for the cancellation rules. I only have the old OLife, but there was a 2 weeks before embarkation deadline for OLife excursions. YWC 25% deadline was embarkation and a-l-carte deadline was 3 days before shorex.

From my Guest Contract p. 2 (NOT SM):

Cancellation of Ancillary Items
Description Policy Fee
Pre or Post Cruise Hotel Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Pre or Post Land Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Overland Tours Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Visa Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee
Executive Collection & Private Transfers Within 36 hours of scheduled arrangement 100% fee
A La Carte Shore Excursions Within 36 hours of excursion departure 100% fee
Shore Excurision Packages On or after Embarkation day 100% fee

Culinary, La Reserve & Privee Within 36 hours of scheduled reservation 100% fee
Custom Air Fee Once accepted 100% fee
Air Supplemental Fee Standard cancellation policy 100% fee
Waitlist bookings once cleared have 48 hours to cancel without penalty from time of clearance. If the cleared waitlist booking is not cancelled within this 48 hour period, normal cancellation fees will apply.

From my Guest Contract p. 4 (NOT SM):

"Amenities: Promotional and Oceania Club
Promotional amenities included on select cruises...OLife Choice free shore excursions ... If shore excursion amenity is selected, all excursions must be chosen at least 14 days prior to sailing."

Look for the similar sections of your guest contract and on the first and last pages of your shorex pdf for the rules that apply to your booking.

Thank you for clarifying.

51 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

I would be booking excursion you are interested in now  before they fill up

I would read your invoice on the cancellation rules  should  be on page 2

If you should find someone doing private tour then  you can cancel within the time  listed  & hopefully book something else

3 hours ago, calvin81 said:

Yes, you can cancel on board. The cancellation deadline for each tour will be stated on your excursion tickets. You will find them in your cabin when you board. Just remember, everything you cancel will be your loss if you used your excursion credit to book that tours. You will need to replace it with something else at the last moment which will be a problem on the full ship.