Celebrity Equinox Excursion in Cozumel

daybrake

Our small group excursion in Cozumel for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox in December just got cancelled.  So, we are trying to find another excursion in Cozumel that does not have large crowds, and incorporates snorkeling without any maximum age limit.  My husband is 73 and so many of the snorkeling excursions have a maximum age of 70.  One of the excursions listed by Celebrity is titled:  "Ultimate Beach Experience:  All Inclusive Day Pass at Resort".  This excursion mentions snorkeling but does not specify if it is just snorkeling off the beach or if you board a boat at the resort to go to the reef area to snorkel.    If anyone has been on this Celebrity excursion -- what is the name of the beach resort?   Is the snorkeling just going in the water from the beach?  Are a lot of people usually on this excursion?  Thanks for any insight you may provide.

We did a Celebrity ultimate beach experience in Cozumel at the Iberostar- however they named the resort in the excursion description so not sure if this is the same one. The Iberostar is not too far from the port and is a nice property. Snorkeling is off the beach but the day we were there, the waves were moderate and the water was all stirred up so no good snorkeling 

• Thanks 1

Not a ship excursion but I've used

cozumelcruiseexcurions.net

twice, the last time in April and was very happy with them both times for snorkeling. Believe there are other reviews in the Bahamas forum. First time we went south and second time the winds were bad south so did closer to the cruise ships but even better snorkel spots. Had less than 10 people both times - small boat.They're going to get you back on time.

• Thanks 1

I am also 73 and very active and so tired of Celebrity age restrictions and being ripped off by them. We have started using this worldwide excursion company, Get Your Guide, and have them booked for our January Great Barrier Reef cruise on the Edge when I couldn't book one on the ship because of my age. The one we booked was half the price of the ships.

The BEST Cozumel Tours and Things to Do in 2023 - FREE Cancellation | GetYourGuide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Best shore X is Mr. Sanchos beach club.  You can get a Day pass, but from an outside vendor- do a search.  It is wonderful- take a cab, no waiting on line for a bus.

Yes to this!!! We went to Mr Sanchos in July (we were also on Equinox). We loved it! I would highly recommend 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I am also 73 and very active and so tired of Celebrity age restrictions

Yes - it is so hard when age alone is the restriction -- especially for active & healthy people in their late 60's and mid 70's.  From what  I understand from Celebrity is that the age-restriction is due to the tour provider's insurance policy and Celebrity cannot override the tour provider's restrictions.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and information.

On 8/24/2023 at 3:34 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Best shore X is Mr. Sanchos beach club.  You can get a Day pass, but from an outside vendor- do a search.  It is wonderful- take a cab, no waiting on line for a bus.

Totally agree Mr Sanchos currently showing $68 per person. All you can eat and drink and service is phenomenal.

• Like 1