Shuttle Buses in Bilbao?

agathasmum

Yes. in June. You may also take a pleasant walk into the local port town with quite a few shops and restaurants on the way. We had the best fresh fish meal of our entire 14 day cruise at one of the restaurants there.  Out of this world and so authentic. Don’t be bashful if you see something that intrigues you!

2 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

Yes. in June. You may also take a pleasant walk into the local port town with quite a few shops and restaurants on the way. We had the best fresh fish meal of our entire 14 day cruise at one of the restaurants there.  Out of this world and so authentic. Don’t be bashful if you see something that intrigues you!

We did the same when we were there.  Had fabulous lunch & shopping, then on the the Guggenheim museum for some “MODERN ART”??.  But really it was quite interesting…… (I think one of my more famous painting should be on a wall there). Haha 😂 

56 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

We did the same when we were there.  Had fabulous lunch & shopping, then on the the Guggenheim museum for some “MODERN ART”??.  But really it was quite interesting…… (I think one of my more famous painting should be on a wall there). Haha 😂 

DW and I generally do not like modern art, but for some reason the large rusty-steel sculpture The Matter of Time by Richard Serra really spoke to both of us:

https://www.guggenheim-bilbao.eus/en/the-collection/works/the-matter-of-time

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

DW and I generally do not like modern art, but for some reason the large rusty-steel sculpture The Matter of Time by Richard Serra really spoke to both of us:

Yes that is quite interesting.  One that I found interesting was a large canvas painted in bright yellow, with a small red square in the lower left corner, https://www.guggenheim.org/audio/track/conoce-al-curador  this reminded me of a canvas I painted for my niece, (when she was about 11), wow, so many years ago.  Anyway, My painting was all white with single black dot in the field.  I titled it, “Polar Bear in a Snow Storm”.  I have often thought that it could hang in the Museum as well. 😇😅😎

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Maman the giant spider there.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if it is easy to visit the Guggenheim museum by ourselves?

• is transportation (taxi? Uber?) from and to the port easy to find?
  • Do tickets have to be purchased ahead of time and for specific times?
  • Any other tips to visit the museum?

Any help would be appreciated.  

56 minutes ago, Dynacruiser said:

Does anybody know if it is easy to visit the Guggenheim museum by ourselves?

• is transportation (taxi? Uber?) from and to the port easy to find?
  • Do tickets have to be purchased ahead of time and for specific times?
  • Any other tips to visit the museum?

Any help would be appreciated.  

There where a few taxis in Getxo. We visited the museum, was easy to buy tickets there. Also not overcrowded. 

From the shuttle bus stop it is about 5 minutes walk to Guggenheim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1