8-24-23 THURSDAY WEIGH IN

Izena

Good morning everyone .   I continue struggling getting back on track - focusing on eating better ( getting control of my sugar addiction)  slowly making head way.   Same wt this week.

Current stressors - heat 100s, drought and watering restrictions,    Rising insurance cost  - needing to change. Car has gone up 250% in last year and house up 25%.   

I hope everyone is healthy.  Managing eating habits and getting some exercise

Izena - hope things start getting easier for you.  I understand the struggling to get back on track.  Yesterday I sat with a container of ice cream (orange cream) and a spoon.   Ate too many spoonfuls.  I seem to be doing ok, but then something comes along that I just must eat!!!  

I stayed the same this week - not what I wanted.  I will keep trying.

Pricing is crazy here too - electric is insane, food is very expensive, housing is totally unbelievable, I'm not sure how anyone can afford a new home.

Hope that all have a good week.  Jan

Izena - we've been under the "heat dome" this week too. My car said it was 100* at around 11:30a.m.! And terrible humidity too. Definitely not outdoor walking weather. I believe our advisory ends tomorrow night at 10:00. I hope weather and other things get better for you soon!

Jan - I agree with pricing - everything is so much more expensive now. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I lost 1 lb - making a total of 40# lost since February. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Terri

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

Izena - we've been under the "heat dome" this week too. My car said it was 100* at around 11:30a.m.! And terrible humidity too. Definitely not outdoor walking weather. I believe our advisory ends tomorrow night at 10:00. I hope weather and other things get better for you soon!

Jan - I agree with pricing - everything is so much more expensive now. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

I lost 1 lb - making a total of 40# lost since February. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Terri

Terri - Congratulations on your #1 loss and even more so for your total loss - that is amazing - I hope you are very proud of yourself!!!  Jan

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping this will be a lifestyle change for me. I've gained/lost weight several times in my adult life...although it does seem a lot harder this time around - it came off much quicker in my 40's and 50's! So keeping it off this time is very important for me.

My car showed 100* while I was driving after work today...so hot! Looking for a cool-down and lower humidity by Sunday. Then it's back to my morning walks. 

Terri

• Like 1

Terri I agree it is a lifelong journey.  In the past year I’ve put 20 lbs of the 100 I lost.  With all my stressors I went to sugar ( I’m truly addicted - can easily eat a whole bag).  That and decrease walking due to health and now the heat have gotten the best of me..   Biggest culprit is NOT  weighing every day.

I think I am finally back on track.  Have actually been to the grocery store and left without any sweets.  Also weighing every day.  Next step is to stop with the salt.  I would like to loose  1- 1.25 lbs a week before thanksgiving cruise.  

On 8/28/2023 at 5:33 PM, Izena said:

Terri I agree it is a lifelong journey.  In the past year I’ve put 20 lbs of the 100 I lost.  With all my stressors I went to sugar ( I’m truly addicted - can easily eat a whole bag).  That and decrease walking due to health and now the heat have gotten the best of me..   Biggest culprit is NOT  weighing every day.

I think I am finally back on track.  Have actually been to the grocery store and left without any sweets.  Also weighing every day.  Next step is to stop with the salt.  I would like to loose  1- 1.25 lbs a week before thanksgiving cruise.  

Good for you to get back on track! I too find that I do best with weighing daily. A lot of people say to not do that because normal fluctuations can be discouraging - but for me, if I ignore the scales for a few days it is not a good thing. We have to do what works best for us! You can do this!