Free Latitudes Meals

TACoor

On our next cruise (on the Encore), we will have two free meals as a latitudes perk for the first time plus two specialty meals from our cruise booking. I can't tell from the NCL website which restaurants are included in this latitudes benefit. Is there a certain way I should pre-book our specialty meals? Is it easy to get reservations for latitudes meals and do we have to wait until we're on board to make those reservations? Hope someone can help me out with this.

You can use them in any speciality. The details are on the NCL website as to what is covered (generally one of each course).

You can book them in advance in the usual way. The main thing to remember is that the system will charge you for any restaurants that have a cover charge (Moderno and Teppanyaki) unless you have dining credits to cover them, and it doesn't take your latitudes meals into account, so basically book those restaurants first.

There is a guide in my signature. It is a bit out of date, but the basics still apply.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TACoor said:

On our next cruise (on the Encore), we will have two free meals as a latitudes perk for the first time plus two specialty meals from our cruise booking. I can't tell from the NCL website which restaurants are included in this latitudes benefit. Is there a certain way I should pre-book our specialty meals? Is it easy to get reservations for latitudes meals and do we have to wait until we're on board to make those reservations? Hope someone can help me out with this.

Congratulations on making Platinum!! Book the four specialty restaurants you're interested in.They're not interested in how you are going to pay for the meal until you arrive at the restaurant.If you are going to book any fixed price specialties, like Teppanyaki (?) or Moderno, book them first . The system will know that you have two FAS meals, but won't know you are Platinum. If you book them third or fourth, it will assume you are out of free meals and will force you to pay ahead in order to book them.Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

You make all 4 of the reservations at 125 days ahead of cruise.we love to book Teppanyaki for the first night.(use platinum ) then i book Italian for our other platinum . I am happy with a pizza so we dont come close to exhausting the allowed food.  Then i use the 2 dinning package meals that allows more choices for other restaurants.

3 hours ago, TACoor said:

We have the same available meals. Never had a problem if you are flexible about time

we were able to eat anywhere we wanted

teppanyaki. However is different 

We have been platinum for quite some time, now Saphire, and did not know that the Saphire perk works in any restaurant. This is interesting news. I always feel constrained by the perk limitations ($35 per entree) in Cagney's and La Cucina (our preference for perk meals in the past). We also LOVE Teppanyaki and usually use our specialty dining package meals here.

Am I correct in understanding that I can use my perk for Teppanyaki and then use my specialty dinning package meals to Cagney's or La Cucina with broader entree price allowances?

We are booked on the Star for a B2B2B (30 days) this fall and have already made dinner reservations. Can tell them once I arrive at the restaurant how I plan to "pay" for the meal?

Thank you all for this great information!! 

29 minutes ago, Giladj said:

We have been platinum for quite some time, now Saphire, and did not know that the Saphire perk works in any restaurant. This is interesting news. I always feel constrained by the perk limitations ($35 per entree) in Cagney's and La Cucina (our preference for perk meals in the past). We also LOVE Teppanyaki and usually use our specialty dining package meals here.

Am I correct in understanding that I can use my perk for Teppanyaki and then use my specialty dinning package meals to Cagney's or La Cucina with broader entree price allowances?

We are booked on the Star for a B2B2B (30 days) this fall and have already made dinner reservations. Can tell them once I arrive at the restaurant how I plan to "pay" for the meal?

Platinum also gets to use their Latitude coupons at any restaurant. This change was made not long after the restart...I have done 6 cruises since then and can't remember exactly when it happened but I am sure someone here knows.

And yes, you can tell the hostess when you check into the restaurant how you plan to pay. Just make sure you have your Latitudes coupon with you if planning on using it. 

Enjoy your cruise(s)!

18 minutes ago, Giladj said:

There are no longer entree price limits for the Latitudes meals. You may use them at any restaurant and will get one appetizer (or soup/salad), one entree and one dessert. You may order any entree, but will pay a surcharge for any upcharge items, like lobster. These will clearly be marked on the menu.

2 hours ago, Giladj said:

We have been platinum for quite some time, now Sapphire, and did not know that the Sapphire perk works in any restaurant. This is interesting news. I always feel constrained by the perk limitations ($35 per entrée) in Cagney's and La Cucina (our preference for perk meals in the past). We also LOVE Teppanyaki and usually use our specialty dining package meals here.

Am I correct in understanding that I can use my perk for Teppanyaki and then use my specialty dinning package meals to Cagney's or La Cucina with broader entrée price allowances?

This is a recent change (within the last year). 

Your Sapphire vouchers are valid at any specialty restaurant. Technically 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert. Most restaurants will give you the 1 soup/salad/app making it the same as the Specialty Dining Package. Good at Teppanyaki or Moderno with their set menus. Good at Sushi/Food Republic/Tapas/Raw Bar (4 items off the menu). 

There is no price limit.

If a menu item has an upcharge for the Specialty Dining Package (e.g., Surf and Turf), you would pay the up charge if you used your Sapphire vouchers. 

Free wine is available in all restaurants except Palomar (Norwegian Prima and Viva - which have their own "sustainable" wine menu)

As a Sapphire member, you can also go to the Cruise Next Desk on embarkation day and sign up for the Behind the Scenes Tour, Wines Around the World tasting event, and the Dinner with the Officers. "Officers" is a loose term. We have had fun people like the Food and Beverage Director and less good hosts like the Photo Shop Manager and the Tradewinds Shops Manager (who isn't even a NCL employee). You usually get a couple of ship's folks to dine with you. It is held in the main dining room eating the MDR menu. They will serve complimentary wine with dinner.   

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1