Sapphire traditional dining?

BoopTennis

I thought I read on the Princess website that the International Dining room (not the International Cafe) on the Sapphire  has options for traditional dining (same table same wait staff every night) at 5:30 or 8 pm. However when I went into Personalizer to reserve times it looked like there were options for other times, which does not make sense for traditional dining.

Anyone know the details on this or have experienced it lately?

3 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

I thought I read on the Princess website that the International Dining room (not the International Cafe) on the Sapphire  has options for traditional dining (same table same wait staff every night) at 5:30 or 8 pm. However when I went into Personalizer to reserve times it looked like there were options for other times, which does not make sense for traditional dining.

Anyone know the details on this or have experienced it lately?

Princess does not have Traditional set Dining Times anymore, on any ship.

It is l "Dine My Way" aka anytime dining.

You can choose the same time every night in the same dining room and once aboard, speak to the maitre'd to have same table, etc reserved for you at said time. 

International Dining Room WAS traditional dining back when that was a thing, years ago. 

With all Princess ships converting to Dine my Way for the dining rooms. It will be ship and passenger dependent if you will be able to get same table and time every night. 

What happens when multiple parties want the same table at approximately the same time? Restaurant manager will do his best and at least get you in same section of your preferred servers. Window locations seem to be popular, but at night, not much to see unless on Norway or Alaska where it is still light outside.

I have heard reports of passengers requesting same table every night and being accommodated and on other ships told, sorry, the best we can do is same section/servers, or even, sorry, the computer assigns the tables now with Dine my Way, but you are welcome to wait till a table in your desired section becomes available.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 2:03 AM, wallyj said:

Restaurant manager will do his best and at least get you in same section of your preferred servers.

This has been true on 11 of the last dozen cruises we have taken.  On the Sky last March we had a Head Waiter didn't do his best.  Example, one night we showed up and were told it would be a 45-minute wait for our table.  We decided to be seated elsewhere.  Fifteen minutes later, our waiter walked by and asked why we weren't at our regular table.  The guy where we were seated thought that he was done for the night, and now he has a party of eight to serve.  It was the worst service we've ever had on over 400 days of sailing Princess.