Lavazza coffee on Princess ships- in the buffet too?

Alberta54

On 9/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, wallyj said:

When the Sapphire switched to Lavazza in the Buffett in July, they had a regular and decaf dispenser. So your answer is yes. If your ship has switched over, Lavazza should be available in decaf.

See picture in post #2, left dispenser is regular, right is decaf, you can almost read the small signs on the counter.

I tried the Lavazza with caffeine in the buffet on Sapphire 2 weeks ago and found it too strong.  However, I ordered decaf in the MDR after dinner and thought it was excellent.  The raw materials are there.  But the process doesn’t seem consistent from venue to venue.  I will continue to get my morning coffee from the IC.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I tried the Lavazza with caffeine in the buffet on Sapphire 2 weeks ago and found it too strong.  However, I ordered decaf in the MDR after dinner and thought it was excellent.  The raw materials are there.  But the process doesn’t seem consistent from venue to venue.  I will continue to get my morning coffee from the IC.

Doesn’t the IC use Lavazza?

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Doesn’t the IC use Lavazza?

On the Grand Princess now and asked at the IC about their coffee.   They only have one brand of coffee on board  -  Lavazza. In the IC they use the Lavazza expresso beans for all their coffee drinks. In the buffet they use a medium type coffee ground but it is still  Lavazza.  I don’t drink coffee so hope my terminology used is correct. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coo359a2 said:

On the Grand Princess now and asked at the IC about their coffee.   They only have one brand of coffee on board  -  Lavazza. In the IC they use the Lavazza expresso beans for all their coffee drinks. In the buffet they use a medium type coffee ground but it is still  Lavazza.  I don’t drink coffee so hope my terminology used is correct. 

Thanks!!

Brewed coffee and espresso are different and will have a different taste.  An Americano is an espresso that's diluted with hot water.  Also, the final taste can yield different tastes depending on how much coffee grounds were used in the preparation and the ratio of water used.

Brewed coffee is a large volume of water that is passed through medium ground coffee with a filter for minutes.  This method can pull more impurities of the coffee beans.  Espresso is a small volume of water that is forcefully passed through finely ground coffee with pressure and no filter.  Brewed coffee became popular in the U.S. because it's easier to prepare and can be prepared at home without a fancy machine and being too finnicky.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, SCX22 said:

Brewed coffee and espresso are different and will have a different taste.  An Americano is an espresso that's diluted with hot water.  Also, the final taste can yield different tastes depending on how much coffee grounds were used in the preparation and the ratio of water used.

Brewed coffee is a large volume of water that is passed through medium ground coffee with a filter for minutes.  This method can pull more impurities of the coffee beans.  Espresso is a small volume of water that is forcefully passed through finely ground coffee with pressure and no filter.  Brewed coffee became popular in the U.S. because it's easier to prepare and can be prepared at home without a fancy machine and being too finnicky.

Actually as an individual who likes a double espresso after fine dining, I still like a good old fashioned cup of coffee brewed in a drip coffee maker with pure water and a good type of coffee bean.  A Krispi Kreme Donut on the side is a great addition. 

On 9/28/2023 at 2:56 AM, BamaVol said:

Good question.  I never saw any sign that indicated they did, but I wasn’t looking for one.  I order an Americano and it’s exactly the way I like my coffee.

Always ordered the Americano on the ships too;  it's foolproof, and you always get a good cup of coffee.

During the coffee card era, all the Royal class ships we sailed on would never do a punch for the Americano, as it's "just coffee, nothing special" according to the IC. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 3:27 PM, coo359a2 said:

Also on Grand now. Tried coffee from restaurant and breakfast room service - and the taste was not smooth at all! Was wondering what coffee it was used.