September Food & Wine Food Rankings

Happy Cruiser 6143

18 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The Global Tastemakers Awards rated the 10 best cruises for food.

1.   Viking

2.   Regent Seven Seas

3.   Oceania

4.   Ama Waterways

5.   Princess

6.   Norwegian

7.   Disney

8.   Holland America

9.   Celebrity

10. Royal Caribbean

So, are we in a race to the bottom?

Wow I just hope cruisers do the survey they get after cruising.  It's the best way for Celebrity to know how they are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt if Celebrity will be getting many 10s on our next cruise.  

I am sure that I will give the staff 10 but not much else.  Can’t penalize them for the what they don’t have control of. 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

This was back in April.  I wonder if they have not slipped further in the last couple of months.

So far they are only beating Royal and Carnival.  

I don't think Celebrity or Royal Caribbean  care or they didn't advertise as much this year in the magazine.  At least, at the Royal Caribbean brand they publicly acknowledged the changes to their food and beverage program.  Celebrity hides behind Captain Kate, a ridiculous Presidents Cruise, and instagrammable new ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Wow I just hope cruisers do the survey they get after cruising.  It's the best way for Celebrity to know how they are doing. 

X knows they’re not a foodie brand anymore; if they cared they’d increase the food budget.  Some may ask “do you expect their food to be as good as 2019?”  My answer is “no, it should be BETTER than 2019”

• Like 1

I am working on my upcoming 8 Night Cruise in a Celebrity Suite. I found a current 8 night itinerary and mapped out the entree offerings. If X wants to save some money they might poll what dishes to cut as I see many for my tastes. In bold are the one's I liked the most.

Menu.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I am working on my upcoming 8 Night Cruise in a Celebrity Suite. I found a current 8 night itinerary and mapped out the entree offerings. If X wants to save some money they might poll what dishes to cut as I see many for my tastes. In bold are the one's I liked the most.

Menu.png

This is awesome. We have done something similar for selecting specialty dining days. 

For the benefit of anyone coming to this thread as a new cruiser:  While we are not vegetarians, the vegetarian options are  helpful as a side dish for the table.  Otherwise the entrees often don't come with any material vegetable.

Edited by Cap_D
  • Thanks 1