Covid Booster

Keith1951

Not sure what to do.  Going on a cruise October 1, 2023.  CDC says new boosters will be available maybe September or October.  I want to get a booster before the cruise.  I dont know if I should wait and see if the new boosters will become available before the cruise, or just go and get the old booster now so I will have some coverage. If I wait, and the new boosters dont become available in time, I will be out of luck.   I know some will say its my decision, but I just want to hear from you.  Suggestions, what would you do?

As you indicate this really is up to you.  If you feel the need for a booster prior to your cruise and you are uncertain about the newest version's availability, then go with the one that is available now.  If that booster is not your preference, then wait.  And if it becomes available in time, then take it.  Otherwise you have the other option now.  Not complicated.  But either way the risk is minimal IMO.  Have been on 5 cruises since the restart without any issues.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

We have a cruise in late October and we are waiting for the new booster. However, we received our last booster in the spring so either way we will have had a fairly recent booster. 

I went on a cruise with family in June and everyone in our party except me tested positive either during the cruise or the day after we debarked. I had similar symptoms after the cruise but never tested positive - possibly the booster kept my viral count lower than what the antigen rest can detect.

• Haha 1