Trying to understand Simply More Air

SbbquilterUT

This will be our first Oceania cruise and we usually book our own air and are weighing moving to O Life air.  When would we learn our flights?  Would we need to pay a fee to book those tickets earlier than that like we did with Viking?  If we do not like the routing are we able to discuss and modify that?  As you can tell I like to sort things out and have my ducks in a row.  We are trying to compare finances - would be flying from a regional airport to a secondary (LAS or SLC) then on to Europe and I believe we would pay a fee to fly to the primary city for the flights.  Could anyone point me to a place on their website that explains all of this as I can't seem to find one.  Thanks for the help.

There are a couple of places that may be helpful...not the most exciting reads, but full of critical info.

The FAQs (not easy to find...way at the bottom of the website in small print):
https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000484693-Planning-My-Cruise

and the T&Cs:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms

Edit: I'll let those who have used O's air answer your questions as it's not something that is a good fit for me in most cases.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

If you have not booked yet  there is no more O life

To fly to one of  their Gateway airports I believe it is $99 per  leg  PP

If you want to choose the flights   then you  can request the flight you want  starting about 270 days out   once you & Oceania agree on the flights  then a non refundable deviation fee  is payable  I think it is now $199.PP  

someone will correct me if wrong

If you want BIZ class  better to book your own air

If you want to just let Oceania  pick your flights  you may not know the  routing until  45 to 60 day  from sailing

Frankly by the time you add in the extra fees   I would just book your own air  & fly in a few days early

JMO

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, osandomir said:

It’s now possible to request flying in or out up to 3 days earlier/later without a surcharge when booking your flights with Oceania.

That's what my invoice stated.  Requested TA to get 1 day earlier flight.  Told me Oceania said, not on my cruise.  Would have to pay custom air fee plus any fare differential.  Was really disappointed O would not honor it's own policy, so cancelled O air and booked my own. But lost O Transfers.  Should have challenged/escalated issue, but regrettably, didn't.

51 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

That's what my invoice stated.  Requested TA to get 1 day earlier flight.  Told me Oceania said, not on my cruise.  Would have to pay custom air fee plus any fare differential.  Was really disappointed O would not honor it's own policy, so cancelled O air and booked my own. But lost O Transfers.  Should have challenged/escalated issue, but regrettably, didn't.

Just did that. Instead of asking the TA I called Oceania myself and requested an earlier flight in. It was done in 5 minutes, no surcharge. The earlier flight date is documented on the invoice now. Oceania representative told me that the flight information will be available 45 days prior to the departure.

44 minutes ago, tine-tine said:

If you fly in 2 days early. use O flights but book your hotel independently do you still get O transfers?

Transfers to your hotel? I don’t think so. Oceania transfers are from airport to ship, so only available on the embarkation day. They will also arrange your transportation if you book the hotel through them as well.

Edited by osandomir

3 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Transfers to your hotel? I don’t think so. Oceania transfers are from airport to ship, so only available on the embarkation day.

I believe if you book the full package of flights, hotel and cruise the transfers are to and from all points, what I was wondering, I have not used O air before, if I make my own way to the hotel will they offer a transfer from the hotel to the Port or because of the break in the journey will it only be post cruise disembarkation to the airport?

27 minutes ago, tine-tine said:

I believe if you book the full package of flights, hotel and cruise the transfers are to and from all points, what I was wondering, I have not used O air before, if I make my own way to the hotel will they offer a transfer from the hotel to the Port or because of the break in the journey will it only be post cruise disembarkation to the airport?

No, on the embarkation day Oceania will only provide their transfer from the airport or from the hotel that they offer, but not from any other hotel that you choose. You will get the transfer to the airport only post cruise.

4 hours ago, tine-tine said:

If you book O air  the transfer on embarkation /debarkation days  are to/from the airports & ship

If you book the hotel package with air  from O  you get  transfer  to the hotel then to the ship on embarkation day

if you book the deal on debarkation day then transfers  from ship to hotel to airport

Do the math & see if the hotel deal is worth the price

8 hours ago, osandomir said:

Just did that. Instead of asking the TA I called Oceania myself and requested an earlier flight in. It was done in 5 minutes, no surcharge. The earlier flight date is documented on the invoice now. Oceania representative told me that the flight information will be available 45 days prior to the departure.

Thanks, should have just called O like you did.  They really don't want to talk to you if you used a TA.  Have to be quite persistent.  Not a good way to treat your customers, TA or not.

23 minutes ago, tine-tine said:

Thanks @LHT28 I booked my hotel independently for 2 nights and price difference is too big to take O's. I am at the Intercontinental so easy hop to the dock by taxi/uber. 

In Miami?

Taxi from airport  will work fine  also