Lack of Jade Waterfront

RedRover96

We are looking forward to our 14 day Caribbean cruise in Dec on Jade. We have been spoiled on our past NCL cruises with the Waterfront. Nothing like getting a drink in the afternoon at a Waterfront bar and watching the world go by!  Does anyone have a recommendation for the Jade on the same experience besides the Outdoor venue on Jade???

RedRover

The Jade and her Jewel-class sisters don’t have a waterfront. But they have the Great Outdoors, which is a wonderful place for hanging out, getting food and drink, and watching the world go by. The promenade deck, as noted above, is another good spot. It’s a traditional promenade deck, and you feel very connected to the water there. 

I love the Jewel-class ships. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, didn't realize the promenade deck had seating, will have to check it out.  The great Outdoors is also on my radar.  I enjoy after returning to the ship, showering, getting off all the sunscreen finding a nice shady spot to have a drink. 

Thanks, RedRover 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRover96 said:

Thanks, didn't realize the promenade deck had seating, will have to check it out.  The great Outdoors is also on my radar.  I enjoy after returning to the ship, showering, getting off all the sunscreen finding a nice shady spot to have a drink. 

Thanks, RedRover 

The Great Outdoors is also my favorite place to be for sailaway!

• Like 5

RedRover,

We just got off The Jade a few weeks ago after having been on larger ships the past 4 sailings and were worried about a smaller ship and being bored but we had a great time on The Jade!

Love The Great Outdoors, also loved walking The Promenade each evening with a drink in our hands and watching the sun set. 

We found the bars to be smaller and more intimate and really got to know and enjoy the bartenders and waiters.

The Jade was the cleanest ship I have been on!  Never found messy bathrooms even by the pool area!  Someone was always cleaning and checking the public bathrooms and clearing tables and drinks from empty tables.  The buffet crew were constantly cleaning and clearing! Our cabin was in great shape and comfortable.

We were on The Escape in March and the pool area was packed like a can of sardines! But not on The Jade, I even felt like the pool area was bigger on The Jade than on The Escape! WE always found a place to layout with out a problem!

One note, the adult pool says it is 5 feet on the shallow end and I am 5'6 and I couldn't touch bottom! But it was ok as it was 100 degrees while we were in Greece!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Get a drink at the Atrium Bar (midship Deck 7) and go out side and find a seat along the Promnade Deck ( goes all the way around the ship) there is also a bar in the Great Outdoor area off of the buffet.

Love the Great Outdoor Area for a drink and snacks.

The Great Outdoors is my favorite place on ANY ship I have ever been on. The second is the Observation Lounge on the Joy. When on the Gem out of NY in 2017 My wife and I were with 2 couples. We sat there every morning for breakfast and for all Sail Aways. It has comfortable cushioned seats w/tables both under cover and without, facing aft. Wonderful place to eat breakfast and look at the wake. Great Bar and access to the buffet. The Spinnaker Lounge is also very good. It is large and enclosed, with great views from the bow. 

Edited by Mike A

Thanks all for your suggestions and MCMOMMY for your glowing review!  I guess 1 thing I really enjoy is watching the "pier runners" at a port, with a drink in hand. I'm sure I can find a comfortable spot in the shade to enjoy the "early show"!

RedRover

• Like 1