Excursion debacle

Scirocco Breeze

When I was considering excursions for our next cruise I added one into my cart that I subsequently decided against. I removed it for me but it won't remove for my partner. It is showing as payment required on the payment page, and it is showing on our travel summary. I have called Princess to get it removed but they say it is not showing on my booking. I'm very confused and worried, almost to the point of booking and paying for the excursion for both of us just to put my mind at rest! I suppose my question is should I worry? And what on earth can I do about it other than pay a few hundred $ for something we don't want??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

When I was considering excursions for our next cruise I added one into my cart that I subsequently decided against. I removed it for me but it won't remove for my partner. It is showing as payment required on the payment page, and it is showing on our travel summary. I have called Princess to get it removed but they say it is not showing on my booking. I'm very confused and worried, almost to the point of booking and paying for the excursion for both of us just to put my mind at rest! I suppose my question is should I worry? And what on earth can I do about it other than pay a few hundred $ for something we don't want??

You can cancel 49 hours before and get a refund 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can also pay for it now and then cancel any time in the future.

Did you try signing on into your partner's app/account to see if it is there?  Or cancel it from that account?

Ooh good shout, I have not tried that, I'll try it tomorrow when I get in from work, thank you. Failing that it looks like paying for it then cancelling will be the solution.

I had some excursions and other items to purchase in my cart trying to decide what we wanted and I was unable to delete them.  The page said updating and basically froze.  I waited several days and eventually I was able to delete the ones we didn't want.  Not sure why it happened but usually with Princess website or app if you wait a few days things fix themselves.  

• Like 2

Be careful paying for anything else related to your booking until it’s removed. I’ve had something similar happen and the it remained there for a long time. Then later we decided to add something to our booking and when I paid for that it billed me for the item and I didn’t notice it until afterwards. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can also pay for it now and then cancel any time in the future.

Did you try signing on into your partner's app/account to see if it is there?  Or cancel it from that account?

THANK YOU! I got my partner to sign into his account and he was able to delete it from there in 0.5 of a second! All that worrying so easily fixed!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

“Debacle”?  A little bit exaggerated when it is only a minor tech glitch, isn’t it?

Well have different tolerances. I'm totally comfortable dealing with your cardiac arrest, but minor tech glitches stress me out. All good now thanks to these lovely people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Cruises have been cancelled because something has been left in the cart/unpaid after final payment.  This could have been a serious issue.  Glad it resolved itself.  You did the right thing to be concerned @Scirocco Breeze

Exactly! I check my upcoming cruise every day...for fear of some bone-headed addition by Princess IT  that I would know nothing about....you know, one of those mistakes like something you've already paid for but suddenly the system knows nothing about it, etc, etc.  We've all seen them from time to time...

• Like 3