"LIVE" from the Century / 03-19-06

Radio

Why were the tables and chairs under water? Is that supposed to be something like a "swim up" cafe? :)

Theron

Hi Theron....The tables and chairs were only a coiuple of inches under water.... It seems that most of the beaches did that, i was one of the first ones there...There are no charges for beach, chairs, umbrella's, foam mats on the chairs...Each beach is kind of manned by the bar/grill across the street. All the vendors want you at their beach...it means money for them.

Radio

;)

Hello all....well here it is....my last day at sea. We shoul dbe back at FLL by 5-6AM. I plan to be back on the road by 9AM. I still have a 4-5 hr drive to get to Sanford to catch my train.( a couple of years ago, I missed it and had to spend the night)

I was able to get a hold of all of the prints of the new area's on Century. Some are photos, blueprints, and artists' renderings... I should be able to upload all of these when I get to Fort Lauderdale (It is much much cheaper then...)

But here is a sneek peek...

Thanks for all of the kind words and comments....I have done "LIVE" cruise reports on 9 cruises so far (Grandeur,Jewel,Voyager,Mariner and others). I do it because I love cruising and love to discuss cruises. I love to post "LIVE" reports.... Thanks for tuning in....

MORE Pics tomorrow...

Radio

New Aqua Spa Area

56824074-b776-0200014B-.jpg

We so enjoyed your site. We are leaving in one week for this cruise. Please post all your pictures on a snapshsot site so we can enjoy all you saw.

Keep up the good work on all your cruises.

Gerry

Just click on the Link at the bottom of this post to view my Cruise Photo Page...

I will be posting many more pics when I return...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio

I want to thank you for taking all of us along for the weeks cruise. I can tell you enjoy the get-a-way and we enjoy that you share a piece of it with us. Looking forward to the balance of the photos you have for us.

thanks again, Mitzsea

Hi Radio, I also wanted to thank you again for the wonderful

pictures:D you are terrific for doing this and I am sure everyone

appreciates it!!!!

Have a safe trip home:)

We are pulling in to Fort Lauderdale now.....We should be docked in about 15 minutes...

Here are a few more Re- Century Pics....Sorry if some of these have already been posted.

Thanks,

Radio

New Aqua Spa Reception

56834815-fb27-0200014B-.jpg

New Century Bath

56834816-75a0-02000156-.jpg

56834817-4975-01560200-.jpg

New Deck 5 Prints

56834819-e8e6-0200014B-.jpg

More to come later......

We are tied up to the dock...I want to stay on for another week.

So Long...Century. For now.....

Radio

;) ;)

56835015-0451-028001E0-.jpg

Back to Reality.....

56835017-3055-028001C5-.jpg

More Pics later today....

Thanks....

Thank you so much for posting your comments and pics. I have always enjoyed following your posts, and look forward to your review. I know that you have always enjoyed your RCCI cruises. Could you perhaps cite the pluses of both RCCI and Celebrity? As well, once the T-pool is taken out of the Century during refurbishment, will there be only one pool, and, if so, will there not be an adults-only pool?

Radio......loved reading all week long about your travels on the Century.

From your "name", are we to assume that you are in the radio business?

Would love to be able to contact you.....would you give out your e-mail address? Have a few questions to personally ask you re the cruise.

Many thanks.

CruiserTK.....There will be no adults only pool after the refurb. There are however, two pools on Deck 11.

sivia.... Thanks for your comments. Sorry ...not in the Radio Business. Radio is a name that I received a long time ago when Cruise Critic just started........Actually I am in the Cruise Business. I don't think though that I am allowed to give my Email address(Strict Cruise Critic rules)......TPKeller...Any thoughts on how to do this ?

Radio

Today was a lot of "Hurry Up and Wait" The Train that I am taking today was late coming in to the station....6 Hours Late ! So we just pulled out of the Sanford AutoTrain Station. (The train normally leaves at 4PM) We should be home by about Noon tomorrow.

I will post captions to all photos and try to get the Dailies scanned. I will also try to come up with some final thoughts on Century.

Thanks ! !

Radio

Here are a few more prints....

Radio

New Islands Cafe Print

56834869-33cc-020000C7-.jpg

New Images Print

56834875-8eb1-0200014B-.jpg

New Deck 12 Print

56851593-6bcf-020000DD-.jpg

The images can be viewed at full size from my Photo Page Below.

Thanks for replying so promptly.

OK.....no problem. I've obviously got you confused with someone else in the radio biz.

Again, thanks for all the photos and the commentary. Assume you'll be posting a review as well. Will look forward to that.

Andy:

The new rage in bathroom sinks and vanities, is using a drop sink in an antique dresser.

Wow, I was WAY ahead of my time ... I did that in a bathroom in a house we restored in 1986!

I am glad for the pics and images, Radio. Thanks so much for posting them!

Cheers~

Hey Radio, great site here!!

It was nice meeting you onboard!!

It was very nice to meet you and Joe ;)

I should have asked you how you liked Magica ?? I have never sailed Costa ! !

Radio

;)

Hi MC!

What side of the ship is the test balcony? Starboard Side

Who's the Captain's Club rep onboard? Mihalia....She was very nice and invited me to the Captains Table...

How's the Wi-Fi strength? Business dictates I'll need to drag Sabre and Wincruise along with me next week. The strength was nominal at best...It was faster than Dial Up...Max was about 440 kps (Much slower than DSL) In the Lab it was 990kps (DSL is about 1440kps)

Thanks!

Sorry ocngypz....Your question kind of got lost in the urgency to type fast and keep my charges down.... Answers are above in RED

I am home now....Back to my real life !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio- I've loved following along with you on your journey, since I'm taking the exact itinerary leaving next Sunday. Thank you for your pictures and insights. I'm glad to hear you had such a great trip!

Archived