"LIVE" from the Century / 03-19-06

Radio

In case our correspondent isn't online for a while ...

--The onboard Webcam link for X is http://www.celebrityatsea.com

Click Century and choose Bridge Cam (a misnomer since the cam is actually pointed at the promenade deck)

--The "what other ships are in port" link is http://www.cruisecal.com

Thanks so much ....these sites are really interesting. I really like cruisecal.

Hi MC!

What side of the ship is the test balcony?

Who's the Captain's Club rep onboard?

How's the Wi-Fi strength? Business dictates I'll need to drag Sabre and Wincruise along with me next week.

Thanks!

Radio..... Thanks for the photo of the "test balcony" My dh and I will be on deck 8 after referb. Now I just take a deep breath and dream that the balcony is ours. I sure do enjoy this thread, what a great job you are doing for everyone .

Mitzsea

Hi MC!

What side of the ship is the test balcony?

Thanks!

Hi Ocngypz !

It is on the starboard side, deck 8, in the midship area. The entire cabin is mostly re-done at this point, and it looks very nice. 8130 is the cabin #.

Hi MC!

Who's the Captain's Club rep onboard?

Thanks!

The Captains Club hostess is Mihalia. She just came back to the ship last week, so she should be there for a while. Ogla is the Future Cruise Consultant. She also just came back last week.

Andy here are your answers. On or about the seventh day I was up on the 12th deck and thought I heard a water fall. A pipe in the ceiling had busted in the hall, where the cabins were. That night our dinner partners complained about the air conditioning not working and the lack of water pressure. They were on deck 10. Our stateroom was also aft on the 8th deck and the ceiling tiles were down for several days. I thought it had to do with the air conditioning because our room was very warm even with the thermostat at 60 the lowest it goes.

About the stealing I only heard, from the librarian, that the Atlas was missing almost the whole cruise. She was very upset that someone would take it. The last time I was in the library was the last night and I still didn't see it.

Ogla stated that the Captains' Club was going to be upgrated. One on the things that was being looked at was another class after Elite. The concierge class will also change offering speciality pillows etc. etc. She stated that Royal Caribbean had a concierge lounge admission only to concierge keyholders. Perhaps Celebrity is looking at this amenity. Speaking of amenities, she alluded that the amenities would be upgraded according to class. Maybe more time on the computer and of course more gambling. I was on Royal Caribbean in September and was given 30 minutes of computer time and 2 really nice hanging cosmetic bags as a welcome back. I think this is a way for Celebrity to catch up with Royal Caribbean.

Hi, the cabins....(with the new innerds;) ) where is a link for them?

I must have missed something:eek:

Hi Lois !

I do not have a photo, but I can tell you what I saw.

The cabin itself looks VERY much like the balcony cabins on the M-Class ships.

The closet cabinetry is the same. but it looks like it has been refinished with a lighter color, to look like the M-Class.

The biggest difference is the Flat Screen TV, which is opposite the bed (the bed is now sideways which is great). The TV is no longer in the cabinet where it is now. The ONLY problem I saw with this cofiguration, was that the Flat Screen TV stuck out of the wall a lot. I can see people banging into it as they walk past it. I think they have to make the bed an inch or 2 shorter, or they will have damage to the TV, and potential problems like people bunking into it. The corners are sharp, so it might be an issue. Then again, maybe not. It was simply my observation.

There was also 2 storage cabinets and some lighting on both sides of the wall behind the bed.

The bathroom has a very nice counter and sink (that looks like it was placed over the old sink) and a very nice faucet. The flooring was still the same, but I was told it was not finished yet, so that may change.

The balcony while small, was very nice with a small table and 2 chairs. The balcony doors was very well done, as it was quite large, and made for a very nice view.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Hi, the cabins....(with the new innerds;) ) where is a link for them?

I must have missed something:eek:

Hi Lois !

The cabin itself looks VERY much like the balcony cabins on the M-Class ships.

The closet cabinetry is the same. but it looks like it has been refinished with a lighter color, to look like the M-Class.

The biggest difference is the Flat Screen TV, which is opposite the bed (the bed is now sideways which is great). The TV is no longer in the cabinet where it is now. The ONLY problem I saw with this cofiguration, was that the Flat Screen TV stuck out of the wall a lot. I can see people banging into it as they walk past it. I think they have to make the bed an inch or 2 shorter, or they will have damage to the TV, and potential problems like people bunking into it. The corners are sharp, so it might be an issue. Then again, maybe not. It was simply my observation.

There was also 2 storage cabinets and some lighting on both sides of the wall behind the bed.

The bathroom has a very nice counter and sink (that looks like it was placed over the old sink) and a very nice faucet. The flooring was still the same, but I was told it was not finished yet, so that may change.

Overall, I would say that Celebrity did a great job, especially in light of what they had to work with.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Hi everyone......

We were fortunate enough to be on the Century as a guest of Celebrity on the one-nighter "Dawn of the New Century" - March 18th. The two new cabins were open for inspection and there were Celebrity Staffers there answering questions. The cabins were quite stunning. The colors and texture of the carpeting were very rich. The beds were upgraded with the better grade blankets, pillows and linen as per the bedding in the concierge and suite cabins. The headboard was also very unusual and decorative.......looked striking against the color and grain of wood. There is also a new modern sofa which opens to a bed. The cabins however, didn't seem to have as much storage as the OV's in the Century. But somehow, with the new configuration, it seemed spacious.

There is a thread in Celebrity Connections entitled " New Century Deck Plans". Char posted pictures of the new cabins and bathrooms.

M&M's

We arrived in Grand Cayman at about 7AM, we allowed to disembark at about 9AM.

The tender ride over was very quick, I just went over for a couple of hours and walked around the city. I came back to the ship to enjoy an empty ship for a day of relaxation….. I did get a few nice pics of the ship from the tender ride over.

Tonight is the Captains Club party at 745PM, tonight’s dinner is casual. We will be in Cozumel tomorrow, and by plan is to go to the beach.

Radio

Caribbean Pool Party on Monday Night

56780981-a247-028001E0-.jpg

Morning Approach to Grand Cayman

56781037-80a1-024001E0-.jpg

Back on Board by 3PM....

56781041-c578-01E00280-.jpg

Century Tender getting prepped

56781039-a895-028001E0-.jpg

Celebrity Century

56780978-be9e-028001A1-.jpg

Here are a few more pics from today....Enjoy

Radio

Cova Cafe

56780983-ae82-028001E0-.jpg

56780980-b9ba-01E00280-.jpg

Tender Gangway

56781040-f2c4-01E00280-.jpg

Celebrity On Line

56780982-35e7-028001D5-.jpg

Celebrity Forward Navigation Staff

56781038-df7c-028001E0-.jpg

Radio, THANK YOU for all the marvelous pictures:D

One comment, you said tonite is Capts Club Cocktail party

and it is casual night in the dining room? I have never heard

that before...usually night of the the party it is at least

informal night. (Not trying to start up a dress code thing,

I promise:) ). Just an observation on my part.

Your photos are absolutely WONDERFUL:D

Thanks for the updates - April 9 is not coming fast enough! I have two questions - what is the schedule for formal, informal and casual dinners on your itinerary? And what do you do if you're in Grand Cayman, can't get off the ship fast enough and have a tour booked with a private group like Soto's or Capt. Marvin's?

I will be on this ship in 3 days!!

I am wondering what it costs to have internet access in your room? I will have my laptop with me, and not sure if I can survive a week without internet access! I know you can go to the internet cafe, but that *sounds* rather expensive to me.

Can you tell us what your experience is with the cost? Obviously you are enjoying internet access for much of the time.

Canada1lb

There is a thread in Celebrity Connections entitled " New Century Deck Plans". Char posted pictures of the new cabins and bathrooms.

M&M's

Maybe Radio can get some different angles of the "new" cabins! Here is what I have. I'll have to do it in 3 posts becaus of the size requirements.

1105009390_Century-bath(Custom)(2).jpg.6e186fa869201eb7df0d1b02e23a591e.jpg

I will be on this ship in 3 days!!

I am wondering what it costs to have internet access in your room? I will have my laptop with me, and not sure if I can survive a week without internet access! I know you can go to the internet cafe, but that *sounds* rather expensive to me.

Can you tell us what your experience is with the cost? Obviously you are enjoying internet access for much of the time.

Canada1lb

Internet access wit h your laptop is the same as if you go to the internet cafe. The cost is .75 per minute. I purchased a package of internet minutes for $120. for 200 minutes. You can use several hot spots throughout the ship.

Radio;)

Radio, THANK YOU for all the marvelous pictures:D

One comment, you said tonite is Capts Club Cocktail party

and it is casual night in the dining room? I have never heard

that before...usually night of the the party it is at least

informal night. (Not trying to start up a dress code thing,

I promise:) ). Just an observation on my part.

Your photos are absolutely WONDERFUL:D

Lois...You are Right ! !:)

Last night was informal night. the Captain did not speak much...he never mentioned Solstice, Equinox, or Century refurbihment.....

The CC party had a menu for drink orders(free) that i did not expect...

Thanks for the comments...

Radio

;)

Archived