NCL Air - Southampton - SOU or LHR?

ckgckg

I am going to use NCL air to Southampton port. Does NCL fly you to SOU or LHR? I am flying from the US (IAH) and I prefer LHR because I can explore London prior to cruise. I asked NCL but they won’t know until flight info is released 60 days prior to departure. I also asked a travel agent and he said he will enter SOU as my destination.

33 minutes ago, ckgckg said:

I am going to use NCL air to Southampton port. Does NCL fly you to SOU or LHR? I am flying from the US (IAH) and I prefer LHR because I can explore London prior to cruise. I asked NCL but they won’t know until flight info is released 60 days prior to departure. I also asked a travel agent and he said he will enter SOU as my destination.

We are actually flying home to Philadelphia in a few hours from LHR.  We connect in Montreal and our friends connect in Toronto on air Canada.

Southampton is a small airport with flights to a few places, mainly domestic or holiday destinations in France or Spain.

I suppose it is portable that NCL could fly you from there to Paris or Amsterdam for a connection, but I’d say it is unlikely. I don’t recall ever hearing of anyone who has booked an NCL flight going to SOU.

If they don’t use Heathrow then Gatwick is a more likely alternative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

We are actually flying home to Philadelphia in a few hours from LHR.  We connect in Montreal and our friends connect in Toronto on air Canada.

It's a good thing you didn't get the direct flight on BA to Philly today - it's one of the ones that was cancelled!

@ckgckg Welcome to Cruise Critic!

It is highly unlikely that they would fly you into Southampton. Even if, for some reason, they would fly you into Southampton, it is a direct train ride or coach ride into the heart of London. Make sure to request a deviation if you want to arrive early. 

If you want LHR, I am not sure why you would allow your TA to specify SOU. It's kinda like wanting to fly into Huston, but telling your travel agent to put in GLS (Galveston Scholes Airport). And make sure you understand how the transfer to the port will work (likely you'll need to meet back at LHR). It will be easier for you to catch a coach or train from London direct to Southampton. 

They don’t actually have commercial service into GLS, do they?

Sorry for the digression…

Considering the cost and logistical aspects of flying into a small airport on a transatlantic flight, it is most likely LHR or LGW would be the destination. You should be able to specify either as your terminus. 

we live in los angeles. british airways has a some great non stop flights to lhr. recently (july 25th) we flew into heathrow. arrived 10:00am on the 26th. ship sailed on the 27th.  we booked a hotel close by, spent the day  in london, saw a play at west end. Prior to leaving home, we booked a shuttle service to drive us directly to southampton. he was waiting at our hotel entrance at the requested time (9:30), and all went off without a hitch.

we did the same in 2022, but spent a few more days in london prior to sailing

by the way, we got a great fare going business class to london and premium economy flying back home