Just off NCL Pearl

LadyBerard

We just came home Friday from our cruise on the NCL Pearl.  Although I am not going to give a review, as we did not attend most shows and don't want to post any negative remarks, I can wholeheartedly recommend asking for "Red" to be your server in the main aft dining room.  We were fortunate to get him as our server the very first night, and immediately after dinner, went to the hostess to ask that we dine with him the remainder of our cruise!  He was the most personable server we have had in many years on any cruise line.  His recommendations for dinner were spot on; he was truly a delight!  If it hadn't been for having him, we probably would have just dined in the buffet on the nights we did not have specialty dinner reservations.  You will see him singing just about every morning when entering the buffet area.  

We did attend one show.....the 1969 music show in the Spinnaker, and we truly enjoyed that show.

• Like 5

Good to know about Red. You said the "main dining room"...is that Indigo or Summer Palace?

We'll be on the Pearl in December and have never been on a smaller/older NCL ship...we've been on the bigger and newer Bliss, Escape, Encore and Prima...so not sure what to expect.

Any other thoughts on the Pearl?

6 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Good to know about Red. You said the "main dining room"...is that Indigo or Summer Palace?

We'll be on the Pearl in December and have never been on a smaller/older NCL ship...we've been on the bigger and newer Bliss, Escape, Encore and Prima...so not sure what to expect.

The Pearl is a wonderful small ship.

Love the Spinnaker Lounge (all the way forward Deck 13).

On Deck 11 all the way forward is the Bridge Viewing Room.  When the curtains are open, you can see a good portion of the Bridge.

Midship Deck 6 is "Bar City".  During the day a wonderful place to relax, read or people watch.  Has very large windows with deep cushioned seats for napping or watching the water.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How great to find a waiter like that who just made the experience so much better!  

The staff can really make (or break) a cruise.

Needless to say, I hope you thanked him properly.

Edited by Rothko1
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:26 AM, LadyBerard said:

I can wholeheartedly recommend asking for "Red" to be your server in the main aft dining room.  We were fortunate to get him as our server the very first night,

Here's another shout out to having Red as your server. Actually 4 enthusiastic shouts. Like you, our gregarious group of 4 was fortunate to have him as our server in the Summer Palace MDR the first evening of our 11 day Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl in January and we immediately bonded. He's been with NCL for something like 20 years and is probably the most pleasant and personable server we've ever encountered on a cruise ship. We also requested him for every meal we ate in the Palace dining room. We also saw him up at the entrance to the Garden Cafe buffet enthusiastically singing. Glad to see that someone else appreciated him.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, schmoopie17 said:

The aft main dining room.......Summer Palace I believe.

23 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

How great to find a waiter like that who just made the experience so much better!  

The staff can really make (or break) a cruise.

Needless to say, I hope you thanked him properly.

Yes, we were three couples at the table (traveling together), and I believe each couple handed him additional gratuity.  🙂

I love the Pearl. We had a wonderful cruise on her several years ago and if I could remember the several wonderful servers in the MDRs we dined I'd mention them; however, just imagine if everyone here who's read and enjoyed this thread decides to ask for the same server were all to ask for Red...

How in the world would they manage?  NCL does not recommend asking for a specific server but to simply give them a huge kudos so that they receive the wonderful accolades they deserve.  

Please, just ensure that you make sure you fill out the proper info regarding your servers.