Joy late Quebec Departure question

Morgsmom

We've been notified that our 5pm departure from Quebec City is now an 8pm one (due to "flight arrangements").  Would it be ok if we checked in at our appointed time (11am), had lunch, and then went back out into Quebec to explore?  I'm assuming it's ok, but I've learned to not assume 🙂

35 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

We've been notified that our 5pm departure from Quebec City is now an 8pm one (due to "flight arrangements").  Would it be ok if we checked in at our appointed time (11am), had lunch, and then went back out into Quebec to explore?  I'm assuming it's ok, but I've learned to not assume 🙂

As long as you're back to the airport in good time, I don't see why not. My recollection from some years back is that it's not that long of a trip from Vieux Québec to Jean Lesage airport.

Same deal on the Sky 9/11/23 leaving from Quebec, time changed from 5PM to 8PM due to "flight arrangements "  Since we are doing b2b, plan on doing the turn around as early as possible, then going out to the city, supposedly have to be back on board 2 hours before departure,  by 6 PM.  When we did b2b in San Juan on the Gem we just had to hang out in the theatre until the cruise hit zero, then we were allowed back in, was about 10:30 AM.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

As long as you're back to the airport in good time, I don't see why not. My recollection from some years back is that it's not that long of a trip from Vieux Québec to Jean Lesage airport.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  We were scheduled to depart Quebec (port) at 5pm; this has been pushed to 8pm.  Since we are getting onboard that day at 11am my thought was to check into the ship, eat lunch, put bags away and THEN head out again to meander around Quebec, vs the ship.  

14 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  We were scheduled to depart Quebec (port) at 5pm; this has been pushed to 8pm.  Since we are getting onboard that day at 11am my thought was to check into the ship, eat lunch, put bags away and THEN head out again to meander around Quebec, vs the ship.  

Ah, OK, it wasn't clear, actually, I assumed you were talking about going home. Yeah, I've never had a problem with embarking, leaving my bags, and then going into town. I don't see a problem. We had planned to do the same thing on our Norwegian Epic cruise last December in Lisbon, however a combination of bad weather and upset stomachs made us cancel that idea.

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

op wants to get off the ship after checking in, nothing to do with the airport. They just need to be back to the ship by all aboard time.

6 minutes ago, zqvol said:

op wants to get off the ship after checking in, nothing to do with the airport. They just need to be back to the ship by all aboard time.

Yeah, the OP clarified that in a subsequent post. However, the initial post only said "We've been notified that our 5pm departure from Quebec City is now an 8pm one," with no mention of the port. Seems like it's all squared away now. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

I think we are on the same sailing.  I plan to do exactly that.  My check in time is at 11 as well.  I will leave my carry on, have some lunch and head out.  

• Like 1