Cuisine of choice

lenquixote66

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was in my teens going to a Chinese restaurant once a week was the norm.I cannot recall the last time I dined in a Chinese restaurant.

So your point is???  Sounds like you are seeking validation to go to a Chinese restaurant??  

I think I've worked out that Lenny's threads are usually intended to start a discussion, even though he might not actually phrase it as such. 

So, in that vein, what's my cuisine of choice? Well, I suppose being British, our traditional local and seasonal foods and dishes are what we cook most regularly at home. And restaurants serving Modern British food are the cuisine we visit most often.

But we also regularly visit three Asian restaurants, all of them owned by Indians, rather than the run of mill ones generally owned by Bangladeshis.

All that said, I'd have to say the food I most enjoy eating and cooking  is Middle Eastern/Eastern Mediterranean  - mainly Lebanese/Syrian/Palestinian/Turkish/Cypriot. But, from time to time, Iranian and Yemeni from a  bit further afield. 

20 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

So your point is???  Sounds like you are seeking validation to go to a Chinese restaurant??  

Why would I seek validation to dine somewhere ?

I am ,in essence starting a conversation .If you wish you can add add to said conversation .

9 hours ago, Harters said:

I think I've worked out that Lenny's threads are usually intended to start a discussion, even though he might not actually phrase it as such. 

So, in that vein, what's my cuisine of choice? Well, I suppose being British, our traditional local and seasonal foods and dishes are what we cook most regularly at home. And restaurants serving Modern British food are the cuisine we visit most often.

But we also regularly visit three Asian restaurants, all of them owned by Indians, rather than the run of mill ones generally owned by Bangladeshis.

All that said, I'd have to say the food I most enjoy eating and cooking  is Middle Eastern/Eastern Mediterranean  - mainly Lebanese/Syrian/Palestinian/Turkish/Cypriot. But, from time to time, Iranian and Yemeni from a  bit further afield. 

At one time in my life I had a friend who enjoyed eating middle eastern food .We would often go to Moroccan ,Lebanese and Palestinian restaurants in NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Joining this thread as well. My cuisine of choice depends on why I'm eating. 🙄🤷‍♀️😂 On date nights with DH, or girls' nite out, I'm generally about adventure and exploring what I do not normally serve at home or something that is prep-intensive that I do not have patience nor time for. Lamb is generally on my list (nobody at home likes it) and I try to leave room for dessert. I am blessed to live in a city of culinary delights so I'm spoiled for choice.

When I'm feeling down or blah, nothing is better than something that reminds me of my mom's home cooking. So, anything along the South East Asian traditions would be my choice on those days. A sizzling ginger scallion Chinese beef dish or a warm meat curry over basmati rice or fluffy naan or a simple pork/ scallop rice congee would perk me right up. That plus fried bananas...with or without a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the side. 🙂