Deep Blue Extras Extended through end of 2024

FFMilesJunkie

45 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

My TA texted that she will be going thru all existing 2024 bookings to be sure it has been added.....mine hasn't yet.

I actually got on chat with Virgin earlier (they were busy so created a case for me) and within an hour I got an email that the DBE was added. Good deal-now the cruise just has to sail 😏

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

I actually got on chat with Virgin earlier (they were busy so created a case for me) and within an hour I got an email that the DBE was added. Good deal-now the cruise just has to sail 😏

I tried that, set up a case and got a message that they were "swamped" and asked me to contact them later.  Phone waited 45 minutes while I did other things, then decided to let TA earn her commission and take care of it.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, FFMilesJunkie said:

It might be a glitch that they change, but I've noticed for 2024 sailings, DBE Bonus Bar Tabs are showing up for both passengers if both have status (so $100 x 2 instead of $100 for the cabin)

That's how it was for our 3 sailings in 22/23.

I just asked my TA to make sure DBE get added to our existing 2024 bookings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Just confirmed that DBE have now been added to both of our 2024 sailings.

It will be a shame if they cancel the Brilliant TA, as we now have a ton of loot and bar tabs to burn through.

Could always switch and do one of the other repositioning at the end of 2024, like the Resilient lady Europe to Perth in November. 

So a weird thing happened to us. My OH did status match for both of us so we can get the extras for our first virgin cruise in 2024

Her email from virgin was she wasn't entitled to the DBE since our cruise wasn't till next year 

But my confirmation email give me all the DBEs even though I'm not cruising this year

Is that right?

6 hours ago, Yinster said:

So a weird thing happened to us. My OH did status match for both of us so we can get the extras for our first virgin cruise in 2024

Her email from virgin was she wasn't entitled to the DBE since our cruise wasn't till next year 

But my confirmation email give me all the DBEs even though I'm not cruising this year

Is that right?

We status matched too, and are taking our first Virgin cruise in January.  I emailed Virgin support, and they added DBE for both of us, within half and hour.  Wrote again, someone else will add them for you.

Edited by soccersharon

14 hours ago, Yinster said:

Is that right?

That one agent might not know it’s been extended?

Can anyone who has sailed confirm that there is actually two separate $100 bonus bar tabs if both are sea rovers through status match or is it still just $100 per cabin and it just displays on each person as $100? 

Also, if we have DBE and the earliest boarding time to choose was 2:30 pm in Miami, I should arrive at 1:00 pm to board at 1:30?

Thank You!

4 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Can anyone who has sailed confirm that there is actually two separate $100 bonus bar tabs if both are sea rovers through status match or is it still just $100 per cabin and it just displays on each person as $100? 

We've always received two $100 bonus bar tabs.

11 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Thanks for that! Awesome! So for a four day sailing that comes with an included $300 bar tab, we will get $200 extra bar tab for $500 total?

Sort of, one person will get $400 and the other $100, then you’ll need to get Sailor services to combine it onboard.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jon81uk said:

Sort of, one person will get $400 and the other $100, then you’ll need to get Sailor services to combine it onboard.

Thanks!, we are first time sailors on Virgin.  We have three total in our cabin and from what I gather the main person with all the bar tab has to be there to purchase drinks for all.

13 minutes ago, kimkencruzers said:

Thanks!, we are first time sailors on Virgin.  We have three total in our cabin and from what I gather the main person with all the bar tab has to be there to purchase drinks for all.

When doing check in on the app you can specify that one person is covering everything. But that means the second persons DBE $100 doesn’t get used. Or you can go to sailor services and just pool all the charges across everyone and specify who to charge if there are charges not covered by bar tab.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kimkencruzers said:

Also, if we have DBE and the earliest boarding time to choose was 2:30 pm in Miami, I should arrive at 1:00 pm to board at 1:30?

Thank You!

Interesting.....we have never received two $100 bar tabs despite both qualifying for DBE.  Previously, we showed up at 1 to check in at 1:30.  Note, VV never issued a "boarding time."  The time selected was called a "terminal arrival time."  For our next cruise, long before the cruise, we were assigned 2pm.  When I called VV, I was told that the earliest time was changed to 2.   When we arrived at 12:45 in Barcelona, with a 1:30 arrival time, we were sent to the plaza adjacent to the terminal area and asked to return at 1 or later.