Calabasas to San Pedro.

carguy

We're going to Calabasas, CA for a wedding in October and then going on a cruise out of San Pedro the next day. What would be the most economical way to get there from our hotel. I've checked rental cars but the offices in San Pedro are not open on Sunday.

I live in Calabasas...

...and, when I cruise out of San Pedro (unless I find a "too good to be believed" Park 'n' Cruise rate at the CP or DT in Pedro), my new "go-to" is to just Uber or Lyft from home to port and back...I check both apps and go with whoever is cheaper at the time...

Surprisingly, it costs us about the same as when going to LAX--which is 20 miles closer! Last June/July, for an example, it cost us, with Uber, including tip, $59 Calabasas to the pier and $66 home...So, for us, we save money off the $140 parking tab for a 7 night cruise--and we don't have to pay for a tank of gas or leave our car sitting exposed in the lot.

For you, I guess it would beat the one-way rental car charges and save the inconvenience of picking up and returning the car...plus gas.

So, where are you staying in Calabasas?  We like the Hilton...it was our home away from home for a couple of months just before the pandemic when we had a home repair/remodel going on and had to move out.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 2