Latitudes shore excursion honored onboard?

Cruise4usnow1

On recent cruise I booked most excursions before the cruise and received my expected latitude discount. Onboard I added an excursion and showed my latitude level on my keycard and requested the discount but did not receive the discount!  Is that normal or an error by the excursion desk staff?

On the ship, they do not give you the $50 shore excursion credit up front, like when you book in advance, it is refunded after you have completed the excursion. But the Sapphire discount is often not applied automatically onboard. I had to go back and query the amount charged, as they only applied the discount to one of us, when both of us were Sapphire and I booked in person!

We booked onboard to use up our onboard credit.

The Shore ex desk has limited hours after the first day, so try and sort early.

1 hour ago, Cruise4usnow1 said:

Onboard I added an excursion and showed my latitude level on my keycard and requested the discount but did not receive the discount!  Is that normal or an error by the excursion desk staff?

It's an error (perhaps intentional).  Bookings in person should get the discount applied immediately.  Bookings using the app (onboard) or the screens on some ships don't have the discount applied. Presumably they've worked out that updating the software to apply discounts correctly would reduce revenue (many people don't notice the discount is missing until it's too late).

You have to go in person to shorex (or phone them) to have it applied.  The account on the app (or a printout) should immediately show when it's been applied (the price of the tour will change). Keep checking and chasing, don't belive when you're told it'll be fixed automatically later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob_H said:

It's an error (perhaps intentional). 

Not. 

But it is a "feature" of the system. They are suppose to go back on the last night of the cruise and apply the latitudes discounts. I never wait for that, and go up to the shore ex desk at a quite time and get them to manually apply the discount. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But it is a "feature" of the system. They are suppose to go back on the last night of the cruise and apply the latitudes discounts. I never wait for that, and go up to the shore ex desk at a quite time and get them to manually apply the discount. 

For a tour booked in person at the shorex desk (rather than electronically) there's no reason why the discount can't be applied immediately, and should be.

• Like 1